Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a little run-in with a nice white Mustang SVT Conv. We lined up at a light with me in the right lane. Light turned and we both took off aggressively. I wound out first gear b/f I caught up to a car that right-turned into my lane from the intersection. I went around the car and the Stang and I caught the next light again. I rolled down my window and made some small talk about watching out for cops and such. He kinda smirked at me. I assume he thought he'd smoke me since the previous light made it seem like he was faster...though I just had to let off waaay early b/c of the car in my way. Anyway, light turns and we both take off full throttle. By the end of 2nd gear I had already put 2 cars on him. He apparently gave up at that point. I got up to the next light and he took FOREVER getting to the light. I think he was embarrassed a little. I gave him a thumbs up and he said 'I didn't know Cadillac made a fast car.' I said 'Yep, they dropped a Corvette engine in it.' I turned off and bought Baby-V some Royal Purple diff fluid and Mobil 1 trans fluid...which I changed out this morning!

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
your maggied.....i dont think you should be braggin bout this race....I pulled on a 03/04 cobra vert the other night....all i have is exhaust. go beat up on some porsches

·
Registered
none :(
2,045 Posts
Why VWs? I hate them, when I married my wife she had a Jetta TDI what a piece of crap. I almost shed a tear of joy the day it sold...
I just like beating up on them because people thing they are actually fast.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your maggied.....i dont think you should be braggin bout this race....I pulled on a 03/04 cobra vert the other night....all i have is exhaust. go beat up on some porsches
So I shouldn't share my experiences with my fellow forum members that may actually care? I mean, it's obvious you don't think much of my post, so why even bother posting a comment yourself? Afterall, there's no way you'd bother racing anything that should be slower than your V, right?

Like running a high-13 sec Cayman:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-kill-stories-race-videos/105833-run-money.html#post1067018

Like running an STI from a roll (everyone knows they're 14 sec cars from a roll):

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-kill-stories-race-videos/110549-dusted-again-06-07-sti.html#post1125207

Like running an R32 which I assume you didn't know was S/C'd until the race was over:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-kill-stories-race-videos/109230-volkswagon-r32-wanted-play.html#post1109933

For all I knew, that SVT could have been modded to hell. In fact, most of the SVTs and Cobras typically ARE modded.

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V - Maggie'd
550 Posts
For all I knew, that SVT could have been modded to hell. In fact, most of the SVTs and Cobras typically ARE modded.
They are easy to get big power from, and with a decent driver can run 12's off the showroom floor. The modded ones are faster than most Porsches, so I think it's definitely a worthy kill to report. Keep 'em coming!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
99 STS
269 Posts
Im not too impressed with the pre 05 body style cobras, but having worked for a for dealership in Arizona for a year, driving an 06 Saleen Extreeme, you show me a cadillac that can keep up with that thing and ill show you the fastest cadillac EVERY built.

Adam

·
Registered
550 Posts
Im not too impressed with the pre 05 body style cobras, but having worked for a for dealership in Arizona for a year, driving an 06 Saleen Extreeme, you show me a cadillac that can keep up with that thing and ill show you the fastest cadillac EVERY built.

Adam

I'm pretty sure my Caddy would give it a run for it's money. I'd rather have an 03/04 - they can take a ton of boost.

·
Registered
93 Seville STS
25 Posts
I'm pretty sure my Caddy would give it a run for it's money. I'd rather have an 03/04 - they can take a ton of boost.
My Whippled 04 put down 540whp on 13 psi, and pump gas, it was pretty quick. My buddy's 03 put down 620whp on 21psi, those cars are no joke. Too bad the newer Shelby's/Cobra's are priced a little out of most of the real enthusiasts range.

·
Registered
550 Posts
My Whippled 04 put down 540whp on 13 psi, and pump gas, it was pretty quick. My buddy's 03 put down 620whp on 21psi, those cars are no joke. Too bad the newer Shelby's/Cobra's are priced a little out of most of the real enthusiasts range.
Very nice. The 03/04's are still holding their values pretty well, too. Certainly not cheap! :cheers:

·
Registered
2004 Cts V
25 Posts
I just sold my 03 Cobra about a year ago last month and I miss the speed, but that's about it. I'm not a Ford OR Gm guy, I like cars in general, but you are right about the boost thing, cold air/full exhaust/2.8upper she put down 483rwhp and ran an 11.9 @ 124....Only thing I could not cure was the damn wheep hop....TERRIBLE on those cars.

·
Registered
99 SLS
43 Posts
They are easy to get big power from, and with a decent driver can run 12's off the showroom floor. The modded ones are faster than most Porsches, so I think it's definitely a worthy kill to report. Keep 'em coming!!! :cheers:

+1

What year Cobra was it?
The average time on the 96-01s are 13.9 @ 102 stock.
An 03/04 has the potential to run in the 12s at 110 stock (average drivers have a hard time getting 13.40s out of them)

With only a pulley, midpipe, catback, and a CAI, I ran 11.76 @ 116 (on ET Streets)

Either way, Good kill!:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts