Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1996 fleetwood
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says I'm trying to decide if I want to tint my windows or not to tent my windows just wanted to get some feedback for some other kind a like levers I like the stock appearance with the stock factory tent on the windows when I have the blue rag top of my white car but I also like having windows tinted so then have Less heat and less sun on my kids in the back seat i'm just not sure if it'll look right with black windows in the blue rag top on the white car don't know if it'll still be classy or not here's a couple pics of the car if anyone wants to Photoshop it go ahead Photoshop it leave comments below

·
Registered
1996 fleetwood
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparently my phones being stupid and won't let me post any pictures of the car but it's a white Fleetwood with the blue rag top when I get home tonight I will post a picture and if anyone wants to Photoshop go right ahead or if you just have any ideas or opinions on it go ahead and post

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
If you don't want it to look very dark, go with some 35% tiny all around. It won't look out of place IMHO.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Most of my cars have tint. Except the Cadillac. I really hate the way it looks like the light antelope tan colour ones like mine.

·
Registered
1996 fleetwood
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My thing is the color of my car I'm not sure if the tint would look right on a white car with a blue ragtop on it

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
They do make tints in other colors than black.
Check around for a blue!

·
Registered
1996 fleetwood
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never been a fan of color tint I had red tint on a red mustang when I was a teen at the time I felt it was cool but as I look back now it looked ridiculous.

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
I'm not a big fan of colored tint. However, on a white car with a blue top, a blue tint would kind of continue who two-tone effect. Somebody with decent photoshop skills should mock it up. I have no such skills, so I nominate anyone but me.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
I wouldn't do colored tint, that'll stand out worse then normal tint will. It should look alright with lighter stuff like 35%.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,718 Posts
I am pro-tint in any and all circumstances. You don't need to do dark. You can get 50%, or even 70%, ceramic tint that will block all the heat just fine.

But, personally, I'm a fan of dark tint. My car has 20% on the front windows, 15% on the rear, and it suits me just fine. Windshield is next up to get the 70% treatment.

·
Registered
1996 fleetwood
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I'm going to take my wife's car in to get rink next week and see how I feel bout hers maybe i can talk them in to holding up some smoke to my window so I can get a feel

1 - 16 of 16 Posts