Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Triple Yellow 88 Biarritz, 92 Allante, 05 STS
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used the resistor trick for a few months and sometimes, but not very often it will still do the "wait 3 minutes" I'm looking at doing the baker electronix fix possibly. My question is to those who have done this or similar does your DIC still say "wait 3 minutes" or any security errors even though the car starts? I have read that I could remove the security light in dash by cutting the wire from the bcm, but just wondering about security messages on DIC.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
If you did it correctly you should NEVER see that message. Did you solder the connections? I would recheck your work and resistance you installed, i could see a resistor being flaky but most likely you may be on the border of acceptable resistance and need to add or subtract to get as close to value as you can.

·
Registered
Triple Yellow 88 Biarritz, 92 Allante, 05 STS
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, my mechanic soldered the resistor, we ohm tested the key and we had a matching resistor, only had to use 1. Yes, I will double check stuff, though, once in a while it will still make me wait 3 minutes to start, prior to resistor, it just wouldn't start one day at all. Just wanted to go a step further and use the baker electronix box and bypass the starter enable relay, and didn't want to see messages on the DIC if the car is running since it's all bypassed, looks like I shouldn't see those messages then, Thanks

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, '96 eldo,'95 eldo,' 89 eldo,'78 eldo,'11CTS-V
1,716 Posts
...unless the mechanic soldered the resistor to the WRONG side of the white wires (tumbler side).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts