Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know i am a smoker.
I was wondering out of the people here who smoke who DOES smoke in there car. I have not yet done it.

Eating does anyone eat food in there car ie mcdonalds etc..

Drinking does anyone have drinks in there car. My eldo no cup holders so im not sure what to do about this one

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Well for me I am very detail oriented when it comes to my car. I will not let anyone smoke in my car, I will not eat in my car so that crumbs and whatnot do not get all over, and drinking I did once and I spilled some on my shifter and that pissed me off so I will not be doing that again.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
JJhomer83 said:
As some of you know i am a smoker.
I was wondering out of the people here who smoke who DOES smoke in there car. I have not yet done it.

Eating does anyone eat food in there car ie mcdonalds etc..

Drinking does anyone have drinks in there car. My eldo no cup holders so im not sure what to do about this one
If you don't have cupholders, improvise and get some.

Oh yeah, smoke 'em if ya got 'em. :shhh:

I have a one butt per carride rule if someone really needs to smoke a butt in my car, I hate butts. If they need a second one, they're flat outta luck.

Hollllllla

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
I'll smoke in it, but the windows are all down unless it's 20 degrees.

I do not eat in it.

I drink in it all the time. That's what cupholders are for. Usually it's just a bottle of Dasani so there's no real danger in spilling it.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AirJigga25 said:
Oh yeah, smoke 'em if ya got 'em. :shhh:
That is a different situation there is always time for that

·
Registered
433 Posts
Word of advice... Do NOT have a 3/4 full can of Mountain Dew in the cupholder during a run at the track!!!! Especially when you have a manual transmission that shifts HARD!!! It'll splash all over you hand, arm, shifter, console, etc... And there's nothing you can do about it til the end of the run.

Ask me how I know. ;)

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
toomanytoyz said:
Word of advice... Do NOT have a 3/4 full can of Mountain Dew in the cupholder during a run at the track!!!! Especially when you have a manual transmission that shifts HARD!!! It'll splash all over you hand, arm, shifter, console, etc... And there's nothing you can do about it til the end of the run.

Ask me how I know. ;)
So bill how do you know. Is it from experience?

·
Registered
433 Posts
JJhomer83 said:
So bill how do you know. Is it from experience?
Uh... Yeah. :eek: Did it Saturday. Mountain Dew EVERYWHERE!!! What a mess. I did get it all cleaned up though. :) Thing is, I just had to keep going and spill it more at each shift! Not like you can let up at the track. :)

Oh, and I'm an occaisional smoker, so I'll smoke in the car (with the window open) sometimes. I'll eat in the car too. I'm careful. And if I spill something, I'll clean it. There are some great cleaners out there nowadays that'll clean up everything! So I don't bother to limit myself in the car... :)

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
toomanytoyz said:
Uh... Yeah. :eek: Did it Saturday. Mountain Dew EVERYWHERE!!! What a mess. I did get it all cleaned up though. :) Thing is, I just had to keep going and spill it more at each shift! Not like you can let up at the track. :)

Oh, and I'm an occaisional smoker, so I'll smoke in the car (with the window open) sometimes. I'll eat in the car too. I'm careful. And if I spill something, I'll clean it. There are some great cleaners out there nowadays that'll clean up everything! So I don't bother to limit myself in the car... :)
That sucks, now my question is why would you have a can of dew in your car when you are planning to race. Well of course your not going to let up when your flying down the track.

The reason why i asked about smoking in general is b/c i hate how the ash flies back in the window and it gets everywhere.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Katshot said:
NO SMOKING IN ANY OF MY CARS.
Eating, drinking, sex, whatever. Just NO SMOKING!

ditto... my car was a smokers car before i got it. the interior still looks disgusting from it. but it doesnt smell anymore. I dont want even one person to light up in my car cus then id have to start back from square one to get the smell out.

BTW. I bought the car in february. It took me till the middle of June to get the smoke smell out.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Katshot said:
NO SMOKING IN ANY OF MY CARS.
Eating, drinking, sex, whatever. Just NO SMOKING!

Just kidding about the S.E.X. thing. That's right kids, daddy never had sex in the car. :rolleyes:
That is funny,

I was lucky with my car i bought it off a nonsmoker. I have noticed a few things about smoking in cars in the past month. A friend of mine bought a car the same time i did and he already has 2 burn holes, ash all over the place and yellow tint on the windows.
You guys are right the smell is the biggest thing for me. that is why i still haven't smoked cigarettes (sp?) in it

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Quite smoking in 1987 so one smokes in the car
Town of Cobourgin none smoking so now when you go all you smell and taste is the food. The best law the town passed.
Also the '99 sts was a non smoking car so there is no ass tray
All eating is long trips.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Believe it or not, mine was a smoker car. I think it was the original owners who did it because the guy I bought it off of did not smoke. But I found the ground in ash in 2 of the cigarette lighters, and some tar on the bright pieces on the headliner. Never would know it now, and it's gonna STAY that way.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Nope i smoke and i still wont smoke in the car , in the past ive driven 6 hours without a ciggarette , just to keep from smokeing in it , no food unless its something that doesnt stain or crumble , and only water to drink

im very uptight about smoking around people too , unless they smoke , if there is a non smoekr around me ill go outside and smoke , and if theres a kid then i put my pack in my pocket so they wont see it , last thing i need is a kid thinking its OK to smoke cuz i do

"Word of advice... Do NOT have a 3/4 full can of Mountain Dew in the cupholder during a run at the track!!!! Especially when you have a manual transmission"

toyz , dude i wish i knew , i wish i knew

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Yo....

Drinking - I am the only one allowed to but its only soda, everyone else just wants to get drunk in my car and since I am paranoid, no open beer in the car! My usual response "wait till we get out and drink it on the walk into the club"

Eating - Breakfast every Tuesday/ Thursday on the way to school is consumed while driving.

Sex - As me and my girl were sitting in the backseat the other night, she mentioned that we should mix it up and next time we should use the caddy. :)

Smoke - Allowed, but windows must be down unless its not tobacco. Which reminds me, my ashtrays must be full from this weekend (not from me). I do not smoke.

Jacob Hoppe

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I dont care, as long as nothing gets spilled or no one leaves trash.......

I dont personally know anyone that smokes that woudl have a reason to ride in my car, so that doesnt matter........

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
tru504187211 said:
Yo....

Drinking - I am the only one allowed to but its only soda, everyone else just wants to get drunk in my car and since I am paranoid, no open beer in the car! My usual response "wait till we get out and drink it on the walk into the club"

Eating - Breakfast every Tuesday/ Thursday on the way to school is consumed while driving.

Sex - As me and my girl were sitting in the backseat the other night, she mentioned that we should mix it up and next time we should use the caddy. :)

Smoke - Allowed, but windows must be down unless its not tobacco. Which reminds me, my ashtrays must be full from this weekend (not from me). I do not smoke.

Jacob Hoppe
Jacob Hoppe for President!!

..BUT what's wrong with a few road soldiers?

one time this kid let his barbecued chicken spill on the back mat of my car...I was so pissed, don't let him ride in the Cad no more.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
About this Discussion
40 Replies
18 Participants
Strizzack