Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
(did) CTS-V
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got my car up for sale and have had a few people interested in it, but I cant get a feel for if its bad to have balding tires on the car.

On one hand, tires are a personal choice for some, on the other, people who buy a car dont usually want to have to get new tires for it.

I'm thinking about putting some new tires on it rather than discounting the car. The age old question is.... what tires should I put on the V for selling? Or discount the car, leave them with 20% tread and let the new owner pick them out.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts
Why not give the buyer a choice for example:

$32k with new RSA Run flats or $31K with existing tires that need replacement.

·
Registered
(did) CTS-V
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats probably a better wording. I like it. I tend to talk about things pessimistically, not the best methodology for a salesman, but it keeps the engineering honest.

I'm only asking $25k (what I owe) and I've got about a month before I go, but I also have the standard load of crap you have to take care of before leaving a country and moving to another. Just got my international motorcycle license yesterday. I should trade the V for a Ducati.... thats easier to bring to Japan.

·
Registered
2007 Yukon Denali / 2009 G8 GT
347 Posts
I like that ad. I would rather buy my own tires which give me a chance to play with the old ones and burn them up.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V (Thunder Grey)
1,667 Posts
Car buyers are funny, balding tires send the message that the car has been hot rodded or raced. This won't matter to someone who is familiar with the V and all of it's weak points.

You might be able to pick up a relatively cheap set of used tires with 50% treat life left.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would put on new tires. It gives the buyer 1 less thing to nit pick on your car :crybaby: and it is a selling point. If you don't have a spare put on RSAs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts