Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I did the whole search thing in a few forums and i never found the answer i was lookin for.

They all start with a FAST/Aeromotive fuel rail upgrade, but stop short of weather or not to use a regulator. Presently on our stock setup there is a non-return regulator. But to help increase fuel flow and obvious cosmetics we all like to upgrade to a number of fuel rails...But now if we upgrade do we connect it straight and allow the pump to regulate like on the GTOs or do we invest some more money in a non-return regulator and mimic the stock setup?
Now if we do use a non-return regulator, then there has to be a boost / vacuum reference for it to work properly, which is a nice curve ball for i really dont see an extra port for vacuum / boost reference...

Also would it be a good investment in upgrading the pump to a walbro 255 for proper fuel supply on a mildly modded V?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To regulate or not to regulate that is the question

Ok, I did the whole search thing in a few forums and i never found the answer i was lookin for.

They all start with a FAST/Aeromotive fuel rail upgrade, but stop short of weather or not to use a regulator. Presently on our stock setup there is a non-return regulator. But to help increase fuel flow and obvious cosmetics we all like to upgrade to a number of fuel rails...But now if we upgrade do we connect it straight and allow the pump to regulate like on the GTOs or do we invest some more money in a non-return regulator and mimic the stock setup?
Now if we do use a non-return regulator, then there has to be a boost / vacuum reference for it to work properly, which is a nice curve ball for i really dont see an extra port for vacuum / boost reference...

Also would it be a good investment in upgrading the pump to a walbro 255 for proper fuel supply on a mildly modded V?

Anyone would like to comment? Discuss? Guess?

Referin to another site will lead to another replyless thread....Also what would be the sole purpose of this forum, if i have to continuously go elsewhere???

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Sorry got a bigger problem
To Drive 13hrs in the rain, party like a rock star and meet some fellow V owners, or Not to drive 13hrs, save my vacation time for later, continue working 12hr shifts and make more money for MODS, not risk the chance of getting my V caught up in Flood water.

I know it's off topic, but I didn't want to leave you hangin man!

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Refer to another forum, who cares.

It's possible no one has an answer to your question, or could not be viewing the forum right now. I myself are out of town taking care of family medical issues. Best thing to do is rebump the thread and hope the right eyes see it. :)

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man go for it...It is better to go and enjoy rather than not go and regret...

I love drivin in the rain...Its soothin for the soul...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts