Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a 99 Grand Marquis with 60k miles and ive been offered a trade for an 03 deville with 118k /w livery package (what is that?)

My question is how reliable are these cars? Ive seen grand marqs/crown vics last till 300k miles. Very reliable car, and ive heard mixed things about cadillac so im not sure if this wound be a good trade or not.

I figure I can get at least 200k more out of my car i have now. I doubt I could get another 100k out of the caddy (218k)

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,948 Posts
:sneaky: In your last sentence you're answering your own question......stick with the rebadged Crown Vic. All depends on whether you want to drive a Cadillac or a Ford.

A couple of hours, a scotch and water, and some keyboard time in here, Northstar Performance, the Technical Archive up in the black bar ^^^ and you'll have what you need to know.

A Deville Livery package is limousine suspension and trim options. Get the list of Regular Production Option codes from the sticker under the spare tire cover and enter them in www.cadillacfaq.com/rpo/index.php in order to find out what is in that particular car.

·
Registered
NONE
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:sneaky: In your last sentence you're answering your own question......stick with the rebadged Crown Vic. All depends on whether you want to drive a Cadillac or a Ford.
Haha well I want to drive a Cadillac that's why I'm considering somewhat downgrading. I'm trying to decide if the extra luxury is worth the reliability i lose.

Basically I was just trying to figure out what these cars are like after about 120k. Not sure if its worth the time & money so looking for answers.

Double the miles for double the luxury?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,586 Posts
It varies and depends a lot on how well it was maintaned and also if you can do your own work. Plenty of people here with 200K+. Had a few with 300K. I've only got 62K, but so far relatively trouble free.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,948 Posts
Nothing is "double the luxury" nowadays except maybe a fully restored Rolls Royce Silver Cloud driven by a liveried chauffeur. (Avez-Vous du Grey Poupon?") Unlike 35 years ago, polished wood, stitched leather, and exotic gauges are commonplace. Even in an econobox ricer with bling wing.

Yes, some Cadillacs are temperamental (as are most electromechanical things), yes a Deville requires TLC, and yes, its one hell of a lot nicer ride than a Crown Vic.

The longevity depends on your TLC and recommended maintenance. There's no reason the Deville won't go 250K or more with care. Actually, the engine is the least of your worries.....you'll ultimately spend more on brake parts, struts, shocks, rubber, belts, and power steering than the basic powerplant. Just like any other car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts