Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am torn between purchasing a 1999 Concours with 57K and the 2000 DTS for more money and less miles.

Is there night vision available on some 2000 DTS?

If you could pick your purchase, what would you get between a 1998 and 2000 Caddy, including STS?

Thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
The only reason I'd buy a 2000+ DeVille over an earlier one would be money. I really liked the '98 I drove. Haven't driven a 2000+ yet, but that's closing in on the radar. Maybe this weekend.

I would only buy a '99 or earlier if it had under 45,000 miles, though. They're a lot tougher to find around here than I thought they would be. The 2000+ seem to be very plentiful under 40,000 miles. And they're going for less than half of new retail if it's a 2000 or 2001 model.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
I have a 2000 DTS and i love it! I would go for that one. I mean this car was compeltly overdone in 2000. Its complelty differnt cosmetically and engineering wise than the deville/concours was. Its just IMO a newer and nicer all around car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was in the same quandry when I was looking for my Deville. When I first started looking (over a year ago) I was interested in a 98 or 99 Concours. Wonderful cars. I drove a bunch of them, and I drove a bunch of DTS's as well...and those are just awesome cars. I liked both of them equally, and I figured I'd just wait until the right color and price came along. Then, one day, on a whim I drove a 2001 "plain" Devile...and I bought it the next day. I liked it that much. Don't get me wrong, the DTS is a fantastic car, and between the DTS and the Concours, I probably would have held out for the DTS.

I guess my point is, if the money is a deciding factor, but you like the newer body style better...look at a "regular" Deville...you might even find you like the car better than the DTS, as I did.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts