Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Base Deville (Now A Slightly Modified Mutt). 2014 E-250
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
After replying to a thread, I got to thinking.
I have a 2000 base Deville.
I put an analog cluster from a later model in the car.
It works great except for when I first start the car a message comes
up that reads "Service Tire Monitor" or something like that (I cannot remember exactly). I just push the right rocker switch and it goes away until I turn the car off.
I also have 2007 17" DTS factory wheels on it.
These wheels came from the factory with TMPS sensors installed in them but
someone took them off before I purchased the wheels.

My question is; I have read (here in the forums somewhere) that most of the TMPS monitoring system is housed in the guage cluster that I now have.
If I bought and installed OEM sensors in my wheels, would the system then work properly? I'm not sure what year model cluster I have and not sure if the TMPS systems are interchangable with different years (although I have been told some are capable of recognizing and are compatible).
Is there anything else I would need?
I have done searches on this subject but not much out there.
Hopefully one of you gurus will know the answer to this.
Blessings,
Brian

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
....I have a 2000 base Deville.
I put an analog cluster from a later model in the car.
.... My question is; I have read (here in the forums somewhere) that most of the TMPS monitoring system is housed in the guage cluster that I now have.
The TPMS tire pressure data is massaged and converted to a useable display within the IPC.

Two other pieces are involved (actually five); the tire pressure monitor transmitter(s), and the TPMS receiver section in the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) module.

I do not remember the year that TPMS was first included; so your 2000 model might or might not have the correct version of RCDLR installed. Find somone who can guarantee that 2000 was the first year for TPMS, and if that is the case, all you need to do is install the correct TPMS sensors.

If you luck out and have the correct electronics installed in your car, you will need to a do a relearn procedure after the TPMS sensors are installed. Easy!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts