Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to change my road-worn tires on my '97, and thought I'd ask if anyone has a favorite brand that always performs well on this car. I've read good things about Bridgestones (currently on the front - Goodyear and Yokohama on the back from a previous owner). I'd appreciate any recommendations.

·
Registered
42 Posts
TomCat said:
I'm getting ready to change my road-worn tires on my '97, and thought I'd ask if anyone has a favorite brand that always performs well on this car. I've read good things about Bridgestones (currently on the front - Goodyear and Yokohama on the back from a previous owner). I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Sumitomo HTR Z II. Inexpensive, nice handling and NOT noisy like Kumho or
the cheap Dunlop Sports.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Anything as long as it's not Michelin. It was their tyres that ruined the US GP at Indy and screwed so many fans out of a great race.
Might be a lame reason but I will never buy any of their tyres.

Signed
A life time F1 fan
FORZA FERRARI

·
Registered
81 Posts
Im running Khumo ASX's on mine. I dont think theyre noisy at all, maybee yours were aired down a little? I had Goodyear G-force kdws's on before and I was not a fan of them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's a bummer the Catera eats tires for breakfast but the Khumos are light years ahead of the GoodYears that come with the car. I wouldn't call them noisy at all.

·
Registered
Catera 98
418 Posts
I'm running BFGoodrich Traction T\A... nice uni-directional aggressive thread, look good and perform well for a 4 season tire \ sport. Good repl;acement for the stock Eagle RSA's.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We have Kumhos on our Catera and I don't find them noisy at all. As far as wear goes, they seem pretty decent. They ride and handle well too for such a low priced tire. I've got about 13k on them and it looks like I'll have to replace them at around 20k. That doesn't sound like a lot, but that's been my experience with low profile perfomance type tires on other cars as well. I've had Good Year too. They are good tires but for the price they are way over rated. I'll probably buy either Kumhos again or Continentals. I'm using a brand on my Suburban called National (http://www.nationaltire.com) that have have been the best light truck tire I have ever owned. I may check our thier performace tires for the Cat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put a wider tire on my craptera and for some reason the eating of the tires has slowed a great deal. I put 235 55 r 16 but i have notice a decrease in gas mileage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! I'll definitely look into the Kumhos along with a couple of other brands.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts