Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS-V
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running original OEM Wheels, just wondering if you have to stay with the F1 Run Flats because of the rim, or can you run any tire as long as its the same size(due to the tire psi. monitoring system).

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
You can run any kind of tire that fits on the rim, run flat or non-run flat. Some guys are even running tires wider than stock, that decision is up to you. I know there are a few running 295s in the rear on stock rim.

Your car will feel better once you get those run-craps off.

If you choose to go with non-run flats, then you must remember that the V did not come with a spare. So you can either purchase a single stock rim from your dealer (EXPENSIVE!!) or try to pick one up on ebay or even better right here in our very own classified section. Or you can do what I do and live on the edge and not have a spare. :)

mmmmMM meat.

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
yea you can run what you want to... the tire pressure sensors are for the runflats because you wouldnt know when you get get a flat because of the runflat tires!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
:histeric:....I keep a bottle of the fix-a-flat stuff in the car and a triple A card in my pocket. I really hope to never have to use either.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
316 Posts
Go for the (less expensive) regular tires. That's what mine had when I got it. I found a spare; now I need a jack....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts