Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK lets just say that i need info on tires, what do all the different sizes mean, speed rating, durabillity anything that will help me out and others. Never bought anyother tires but the cheapest pos tires from pepboys.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
The tire size means this: Ill use a 225/60r-15 96H tire for example (what I got on the Q right now)...

The 225 is the cross section diameter, the 60 is the aspect ratio, and the 15 is the size of the rim you mount it on..... There are also temp, treadware, and traction ratings.... Id always get TEMP and TRACTION in A ratings, and get something about 300 in the treadware....... The lower the treadware, the better traction you will have, but the faster they will wear......

Now, speed rating and load rating...... Speed rating is indicated by the letter (H in this case), and that means the tire is capable of those speeds, which is 130mph...... Dont take this to heart, as they test them safe at 130 in a laboratory under load, but with fairly smooth roads and NO camber or caster..... So an H rated tire is probably more like a safe 100mph tire.......

The load rating is the amount of weight that the tire was designed for..... My car requires a 95 or greater, and your cadillac will need about a 96 or 97.....

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks wes that is perfect. I have to buy new tires VERY soon and i really didn't understand all that stuff. Thanks again YOUR GOLDEN

·
Registered
'76 Eldo convertible, 97' STS Z-rated, '02 STS
169 Posts
JJhomer83 said:
Thanks wes that is perfect. I have to buy new tires VERY soon and i really didn't understand all that stuff. Thanks again YOUR GOLDEN
Actually, www.tirerack.com has a cool tool for deciding the tires you need. Allows you to pick new wheels/ lower profile tires if you want and simulate the appearance. Cool stuff.

Ells

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
But the Pep Boys Futuras smell the best during a burnout, also another important fact to consider.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Mmmmmm..... Cheap rubber...... :D

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
elwesso said:
Mmmmmm..... Cheap rubber...... :D
They do smell good and make a shit load of smoke

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Gotta love the rock hard rubber!!!! Great for burnout madness!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts