Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My V is going to need new shoes in the next few thousand miles. With new tires coming out often, what is the current thought on what offers the best performance/wear life out there?

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
My V is going to need new shoes in the next few thousand miles. With new tires coming out often, what is the current thought on what offers the best performance/wear life out there?
depends what your looking for, tire life or better traction. traction it's re-11's I think. tire wear I think it's the hancooks.

·
Registered
CTS-V 2009 White Diamond, 996TT Silver, G35 Coupe 6mt, M45S
413 Posts
Curious, here in north texas most roads are concrete. I cannot last any performance tire over 10K. I run the hankooks on all of my cars now, good, except the porsche doesn't like them too much for the first 1000 miles.
But the question is, are the roads up north different? Does asphalt make the tires last longer? I don't understand how ppl can make those ps2 last over 20K.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I do not know anyone who can make the PS2s last 20,000 miles. I live in Chicago where we swap to sottos or blizzaks in the winter.
I have about 10,000 on mine and may be able to get through the 2011 season. It will be close.

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
534 Posts
23K on my original PS2's. still have another 5k in the rears I'm sure. 95% asphalt roads around here. Keep pressure up, very few burnouts. I would like to go back with the PS2's when these are done, but $$$ may try Hankooks.
Ross

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
14 Posts
Live in Houston Texas . Normal driving , occasional blast and mine were history at 16500 . I cannot believe someone gets 23000k .

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V LPE 630
209 Posts
My original tires have 22k on them and they are at 2-3 32nds so they'll be toast at 25k. I'm impressed with how long they've lasted. I don't do burnouts but I drive the tires hard frequently so they've done really well. All asphalt in AZ, with a lot of it rubberized in Phoenix (pretty cool).

The PS2's always lasted 20k plus on the C6Z too, and they don't "fade" like less expesnive tires. By that I mean, I bought a set of General UHP Exclaims for the Z and they were great for 8,000 miles then they would get slimey when they heated up. Still had over 50% tread left but the performance was gone out of them.

PS2's have always been great for me/my conditions but they are pricey. I may try the Hankooks at half the money, but I'm concerned they will fade like the Generals. We'll see, good luck to the OP and let us know what you do.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V LPE 630
209 Posts
hankooks. just ordered two fronts. the rears have performed and were priced well.

burd
Did you run Hankooks on the rear with the OE tires on the front? Just wondering, and if you did if the handling was all funky. I did this on my C6Z and the thing almost threw me into a wall, was REALLY strange.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
88 Posts
Just recently got Nitto Invos put on. Liking them so far, feel better than my PS2s did but its hard to compare because they were smoother than a baby's bottom when I replaced them. The price on them was also very enjoyable.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,317 Posts
I'm going to do the conti extremes. I had them on another car previously. It's an amazing tire at a much less price then the michelins. Also check out the warranty on the conti's. There is a road hazard warranty included.

·
Registered
13 6MN Vagon OBM
295 Posts
I'm going to do the conti extremes. I had them on another car previously. It's an amazing tire at a much less price then the michelins. Also check out the warranty on the conti's. There is a road hazard warranty included.
Based on TireRack surveys alone, I was going with the Conti Extremes (at least for the next set until the PS3's arrive in OE sizes). I looked up the warranty you mentioned, an it's pretty solid--full replacement for first 12 months or 2/32" wear. That's quite a differentiator! Thanks for posting, Eric.

Here's the small print:
Road Hazard Coverage
This Road Hazard Coverage is offered to promote goodwill and is not a
warranty that your tire will not fail or become unserviceable due to a road
hazard injury. This Road Hazard Coverage applies to all Continental
Branded Tires that are purchased as replacement market tires and
is a promise of replacement under certain specified conditions as
detailed below.
When an eligible tire is damaged during the first 2/32nds of an inch (1.6
mm) of treadwear or first 12 months from date of purchase, whichever
came first, the tire will be replaced with a comparable ** Continental
brand tire free of charge.
To be eligible, you need to present your original tire sales invoice showing
date of purchase, along with this Limited Warranty and Adjustment
Policy, with the Information Section completed. You are responsible for
payment of all applicable taxes, demounting, mounting and balancing
charges set forth under this Coverage. You are also responsible for 8
payment of local tire disposal fees and any parts or service regardless
of mileage or months of service. This includes payment for tire rotation,
alignment, towing, road service and valve stems.
Tires replaced on an adjustment basis become the property of the
Company. You will be required to sign the Company Limited Warranty
Claim Form or dealer replacement sales receipt.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts