Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering with the TPMS installed on the wheels, is it possible to have the dealership rotate the tires and then I can take the truck to discount tires to balance it? I'm thinking that if the dealer rotates the tires for me, then I won't have to worry about resetting the TPMS so when discount tires take the wheels off to balance, all they have to do is put them back on the same corner. Can anyone confirm if this possible?

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I'm wondering with the TPMS installed on the wheels, is it possible to have the dealership rotate the tires and then I can take the truck to discount tires to balance it? I'm thinking that if the dealer rotates the tires for me, then I won't have to worry about resetting the TPMS so when discount tires take the wheels off to balance, all they have to do is put them back on the same corner. Can anyone confirm if this possible?
I just had this done at my dealer. Being that I have an 09 Escalade, it has to be done at the dealer as the 09 Escalades need the Tech II in order to reset the TPMS. No other tire shop can reset them unless they have the proper tool or Tech II. I had my local dealer rotate and balance the wheels/tires and resetting of the TPMS was included in the price. Price wasn't bad either. If you have an 07 or 08, you can reset the TPMS yourself at home, but make sure to have access to an air compressor because you are gonna need it.

SG

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
70 Posts
When I bought my 07 Escalsde the TPMS system was not registering, I tried tirelessly to get it to reset, airing up/deflating tires for hours.

After paying 90$ for Cadillac dealership to reset my TPMS which was reading -- on all 4 wheels, I was about 5 miles south of the dealership and 2 of them went out reading -- again. I was on my way to get my wheels road force balanced at a discount tire, when he was pulling my car in he noticed my dummy light on and said he had he same 'tool as the dealership' he proceeded to reset them in about 90 seconds(for free), nice to know the dealerships one hour of labor they charged me took less than 2 minutes.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Did you buy your Caddy at the dealership that charged you 90 dollars to reset your sensors? That is a rip off, I reset many owners sensors and would never charge them, it only takes a minute to do, I am serious one minute. To answer your question yes if the sensors were reset, and then the wheels were removed and new tires installed and they were put back on the same place they were removed from they would work correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts