Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse if this posted more than once. Haven't seen results after 5-10 minutes

My Crapinental Tires are balding at 29,000 miles. What have people been buying/getting the best deals on lately?? Thanks

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Please excuse if this posted more than once. Haven't seen results after 5-10 minutes

My Crapinental Tires are balding at 29,000 miles. What have people been buying/getting the best deals on lately?? Thanks
I have Micheln Hydro Edge on my '02. They have close to 60,000 on them and still have tread. Should be good for another 10,000 or so.

Jim

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Check reviews on Discount Tire and Tire Rack web sites. Reviews are sorted by miles driven, type of veh, etc. Might be helpful.

·
Registered
2001 DTS / 1973 fleetwood
281 Posts
cant really go wrong with a nice premium michelin tire...

Pilot MXV4's are cool for 'aggressive' drivers, and the new primacy MXV4's are suppose to be as sticky as the pilot's but better in wet and snow.....and 60,000 mile tread-life warranty

'aggressive' used very loosely!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone know anything good or bad about

VSB Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred Tires?
80,000 miles allegedly
Treadwear 740
Traction A
Temperature B

Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
Anyone know anything good or bad about

VSB Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred Tires?
80,000 miles allegedly
Treadwear 740
Traction A
Temperature B

Thanks
You will get many mixed reviews about that tire. But I had a set on my Seville, and I absolutely loved them. I give that tire a 10 out of a possible 10. The tires are currently on my brother-in-laws Lincoln Mark VIII, and he loves them also. In my opinion, you cannot buy a better all-season tire.

Don

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I don't care about the prosperous. I want long tread life, good traction, reliability, and a road hazard.

Nice car, nice wheels.

·
Registered
Cadillac DTS and SLS
2 Posts
Apparently you are not thrilled with the OEM Continental Contact A/S, but mine had plenty of tread left at 50K miles when one of the front ones had a ply separation. I have found them to be extremely smooth and I got a new set for $285 plus $60 shipping from an EBay tire store.

·
Registered
Cadillac
33 Posts
I had the continentals on my 07 DTS and they were awful in rain or snow.I switched to Goodyear Assurance tripple treads and i thought they rode too rough. I changed to Goodyear Regatta 2 tires and now have a smooth ride and good traction. I also had them road force balanced at a local Firestone store and it made a difference also. Road force balancing cost me 40 dollars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts