Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what a good set of tires are for this car and if one should replace all four tires or just the 2 front ones? Its strange that the 2 back tires on my RWD caddy are alomst like new and the 2 front are on the way out any reason for this? I was just going to get 2 new tires for the front of the car cause those are the bad ones or should tires be replaced in sets of 4?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,105 Posts
I would recommend replacing all 4 at the same time, particularly if they are over 5 years old: the sidewalls dry out and develop cracks and will eventually begin to leak air. I just replaced a set of Eagle RS-A's, 5 1/2 years old, 41,000 miles, more than 50% tread left, for just that reason. Search the Firestone, Goodyear, and Cooper tire websites for vehicle/tire spec search engines, and buy the best you can afford. The worn fronts could be from excessive high speed cornering, weak springs, weak shocks, excess toe-in, underinflation, or some combination. If the front end seems to "plow" in a turn, it's springs and/or shocks. Try running 2 or 3 psi greater pressure (cold) than stock. Never bleed a hot tire: cold inflation pressure covers all driving conditions except sustained speeds over 80.

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
How much you can spend would help. What are you looking for in ride and performance? The possibilities are endless.
Sub-guy covered most of the wear factors. Just the freaking weight on the front end will cause them to wear faster than the rears. Any unusual wear pattern?

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
I checked out tirerack today and saw some tires . I think Goodyear RSA V high performance (all season )rated tires are pretty nice for the stock rims .I think, I am gonna buy those tires for my Brougham .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts