Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one that's getting tired of them? I mean yeah, a lot of people joke about it but damn it, it's REALLY getting to be a PITA. Even the simplest of things has been turned into a chore because of foreigners. It seems like everywhere you go, you're unable to communicate with someone being paid to serve you. Gas stations, doctors offices, mini-marts, Dunkin' Donuts, technical support lines, etc, etc. The list just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
It's really getting to be a pain to do what SHOULD be simple things like get gas, ice cream, coffee, medical info, or some help about your electronic gear that's acting up. SOmetimes it's because of a communication gap but quite often, I find it's just plain STUPIDITY!
I'd love to give you a perfect example but it would be long and probably get me pissed off all over again, and make me want to kill the idiot at the Baskin Robbins I went to the other night (middle-aged Indian-looking guy).
Bottom line, I went out for a couple hot fudge sundaes and came back so mad, I wanted to strangle someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why should such simple things be so complicated?

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
I think we have the business owners to blame for this. They should be hiring competent people fluent in our own language - English. There are plenty of foreigners who are competent and know how to speak English better than our own citizens. They should be hiring these people. I don't know what makes a manager or business owner hire someone who can't speak the language...

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
I overheard my boss at work saying "we need more of those haitians" , that kinda sent a chill down the stoney spine ....these guys are hard to deal with as they dont know english , so to explain to them "dont leave that car here" is a bit of a chore , i find myself grabbing the car from them and parking it myself so it isnt in my way ....

its just how busness owners save money ....plus who else are you going to get to wash dirty ass cars all day for 6.15 per hour without a complaint ? people that speak perfect english wont....they know there is more out there

i hate it as much as you kat ....but the past few years americans have been too picky about jobs , leaving a huge hole in the labor force ...i mean hell i decided i didnt want to scrub toliet bowls and quit my job at autozone ....i felt i desreved more with all the experence i have.... do i ? probably not ....

not to worry George Bush is working on it along with opec , pretty soon unemployment rates will explode and people will be happy just to be employed .....because gas will be too damned expensive ....

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
I have a difficult time understanding the many Chinese that live and work here now. They seem very loud and rude while getting groceries, for example, they won't move their carts if they are right in the middle of the lane, etc. I suppose where they are from they are used to nudging elbows with millions more beside them, but they carry that rudeness when they move here.

Everytime I have phoned for something like a 1800 number for tech support, ie. setting up Dad's wireless router, I can barely understand them and it is very stressful when you have to ask them to repeat everything, and embarrassing!

I don't mind the foreign doctors that come here because it's getting a little more difficult with the Canadian doctors all moving to the States, to find one, and ours are better trained than what we import here.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Stoneage_Caddy said:
i hate it as much as you kat ....but the past few years americans have been too picky about jobs , leaving a huge hole in the labor force ...i mean hell i decided i didnt want to scrub toliet bowls and quit my job at autozone ....i felt i desreved more with all the experence i have.... do i ? probably not ....
Do YOU deserve a better job than washing cars or scrubbing toilets? Of course you do. You're a 24 year old man. But that doesn't mean 16, 17 and 18 year olds can do that type of work to save money and get something on their resume...

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Ralph said:
I have a difficult time understanding the many Chinese that live and work here now. They seem very loud and rude while getting groceries, for example, they won't move their carts if they are right in the middle of the lane, etc. I suppose where they are from they are used to nudging elbows with millions more beside them, but they carry that rudeness when they move here.
This sort of reminds me of that spam email I posted about the birds. Read it here. It's interesting.

How does that saying go?

When you dance with the Devil, the Devil don't change... The Devil changes you...

These "different" people aren't likely to suddenly change against their customs and become nice, quite and courteous people. What's going to happen is the nice, quite and courteous people aren't them are going to become loud, rude and nasty - in order to survive!

Maybe that email isn't so ridiculous now that i think about it...

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Teacher Suspended Over "Puerto Ricans Destroying Orlando" Letter.

I don't live in Orlando so I don't know what's going on over there. But maybe Puerto Ricans ARE destroying Orlando. Who the hell knows? I have nothing against Puerto Ricans. My Wife is Puerto Rican and her whole family, whom I get along with almost as if they were my own, are Puerto Rican. So I'm not being prejudice. But there must be some reason this woman wrote the letter.

"Schools are dealing with too many problems which originate in the language differences and that takes teaching time away from our American children whose parents do pay taxes," the letter said.
ARE THEY? Sure, suspend the teacher. But look no further into her complaint? Are these real issues or are they not?

"Puerto Rican teachers who work at my school are constantly asking me for help with math because they only received the equivalent of a fifth-grade education in Puerto Rico," the letter said.
IS THIS the case? ARE Puerto Rican teachers teaching in America with 5th grade-level Math? Is anybody going to look into this? Probably not. That would be the politically incorrect thing to do.

Local 6 News has learned that attorneys are looking into numerous comments in the letter. An investigation has been launched.
Investigate the damn allegations.

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
My numero-uno issue with the foreigner is that they are untrustworthy as Hell to national security among other things.

For instance, I live in an area in Columbus Ohio where there is a large Somalian population. Last I checked, they are primarily Muslim...I was talking to the local mail lady one day when one guy came up asking for his mail. While he was asking, I had observed that he had a tattoo of a scimitar (Mid-East type sword) on his arm. It wouldn't have caught my attention so much had I not seen it before...

But I have seen it before.

Not only on other Somalian men (about 4 or 5), but have seen this sort of tattoo (if not exact) on several Arab/Muslim men. It is the sort of thing that will always catch my attention, especially after being in the United States Army for a while.

I wonder, and quite often, if they're not piling over to our country for something far more worse than 9/11?

The scary thing is too, that I believe that most of the Muslim population in the United States are legal to some degree. Many live on H.U.D. properties that require the resident to be legal due to the property being under government regulations. Most others, such as Mexicans, Central Americans, and South Americans are not legal. I'll find some percentages on this, but I do believe that I'm quite correct on this...

That leads to problem number two: illegals pay zero taxes. But even worse, some legals, such as Somalians, are exempt for quite some time while living in the United States under legal immigrant status. (In some cases, refugee status.)

Illegals, and there are quite a few, work for cheap labor such as working for sub-contractors or contractors. These people (contractors), as mentioned, pick up several illegals for work every morning for cheap work by the F-150 load. Those that are legal will take the part-time jobs at the Empire (Wal-Mart) and like places without recieving any full-time benefits. But in several cases (millions), they are subject to Welfare and government benefits due to their immigration/refugee status.

Sorry, I'm very tired now, so I'll finish this tomorrow...

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be honest, I think the problem is that most teenagers won't or can't fill the positions so business owners are forced to look elsewhere.
I mean, when I was a kid, a lot the cheap labor I'm talking about was done by kids. Nowadays, the kids are either too lazy, busy with all kinds of stuff like sports etc., or think these jobs are beneath them.
Bottom line, I guess I was just venting because in my area (southeastern PA and central NJ), this is a real issue. I'm forced into stressful situations all the time because of having to deal with idiots!
No wonder my intake of tequila seems to be increasing! :alchi:

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
Katshot said:
To be honest, I think the problem is that most teenagers won't or can't fill the positions so business owners are forced to look elsewhere.
I mean, when I was a kid, a lot the cheap labor I'm talking about was done by kids. Nowadays, the kids are either too lazy, busy with all kinds of stuff like sports etc., or think these jobs are beneath them.
Bottom line, I guess I was just venting because in my area (southeastern PA and central NJ), this is a real issue. I'm forced into stressful situations all the time because of having to deal with idiots!
No wonder my intake of tequila seems to be increasing! :alchi:
Yes, it is also because of the "better than this" attitude. But do you believe that companies have the obligation to make their job offereings equal to all thos who apply? That might be an issue, no equal incentives in the playing field if you know what I mean...

Then there's that other thing: if companies won't give equal opportunities to all prospective employees, should the government step in and make it so? There are quite a few who will argue this should this happen to be the case.

Third would be this: BETTER BORDER CONTROL POLICIES!!! Ho-ly shit! I think that would level the playing field the best :thumbsup:

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Administrator said:
I think we have the business owners to blame for this. They should be hiring competent people fluent in our own language - English. There are plenty of foreigners who are competent and know how to speak English better than our own citizens. They should be hiring these people. I don't know what makes a manager or business owner hire someone who can't speak the language...
It's easier to teach English than it is to teach work ethic.

As far as all the foreigners go, I'm for it as long as they're here legally. I also think it should be made easier for them to get in the country and get work visas. Our own labor pool is stagnant and poisoned. I'm sick of dealing with it. I'll try harder to communicate with someone with a heavy accent if I think they're sincere.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
I got lost in Wimauma yesterday, which is basically where are the migrant workers in the area live. As I was driving around aimlessly I saw a taco stand disguised as a broken down shack. Well i was lost and hungry.....so I waited in line with about 20 guys half my size and I was rewarded with some damn fine tacos. It was quite a scene seeing as how my Lexus may be worth more than the town I was in. My wife said I was lucky not to get robbed, but then these guys were really small.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Brett said:
. My wife said I was lucky not to get robbed, but then these guys were really small.
Why would you get robbed, some has been watching to many movies, people are scared of the unknow
I have been to poor countries and have never felt like I was going to be hurt by anyone. Most people would give me the shirt off their backs to help

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
A. My wifes afraid of everything

B. Wimauma is basically a town of immigrant workers, not well known for it's good schools and low crime. However there are some damn fine Tacos to be had there.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Why? Well, sometimes people who "don't have" aren't very happy with the people who "do have". Jealousy. Anger. There's lots of reasons. It's like a wealthy person with a Rolex and all kinds of other gold jewelry walking through the ghetto.. Why would they be afraid?

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
airbalancer said:
Why would you get robbed, some has been watching to many movies, people are scared of the unknow
I have been to poor countries and have never felt like I was going to be hurt by anyone. Most people would give me the shirt off their backs to help
It's the U.S. media AB, it pumps them full of fear. :sneaky: :shhh: :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts