Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14,700 miles, and I have 4 tires down to the wear bars. Worn evenly, tires
were rotated. Not raced at all, just a highway cruiser.

The response from Cadillac is: these tires only last 8-12,000 miles, so
this is a normal wear situation.

I have never had a set of high performance tires wear out in less than 20K+
miles, even with some autocross time on them.
My E55 AMG only had to replace the rears at 30K miles.

How many others have had this kind of tire wear problem?
These Goodyear Runflats are really bad.

Joel
 

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
Joined
·
12,266 Posts
welcome to the world of F1's. They suck and you got more out of em than most people. Congrats.


F
 

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
Joined
·
281 Posts
it is not that the goodyear F1's suck, a lot of it has to do with treadwear rating and tread depth. on my 02 ZO6 i got 7000 miles out of my first set of F1's non emt, upon research i found out that in addition to the 220 treadwear rating (low) that they only had 8/32" of tread. i replaced with toyo T1S proxies which had 10/32" of tread and treadwear rating of 300 and had almost full tread when i sold 10k later. now i gave up some grip in the dry, but wet weather performance was the best i had ever seen on a performance tire. i went on to use them as my wet weather race tire because they gripped so well.

here is something to think about my STi came with bridgestones that had a treadwear of 140, they lasted a mere 4K before replacement didn't even get a chance to rotate.
 

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V, completely stock
Joined
·
193 Posts
GT04CTS-V said:
Call Goodyear and complain. They'll give u a discount on the next set of tires.

GT
Yeah...if you want to buy more Goodyears! :histeric: g-force T/A KDW2. Love it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thefly said:
it is not that the goodyear F1's suck, a lot of it has to do with treadwear rating and tread depth. on my 02 ZO6 i got 7000 miles out of my first set of F1's non emt, upon research i found out that in addition to the 220 treadwear rating (low) that they only had 8/32" of tread. i replaced with toyo T1S proxies which had 10/32" of tread and treadwear rating of 300 and had almost full tread when i sold 10k later. now i gave up some grip in the dry, but wet weather performance was the best i had ever seen on a performance tire. i went on to use them as my wet weather race tire because they gripped so well.

here is something to think about my STi came with bridgestones that had a treadwear of 140, they lasted a mere 4K before replacement didn't even get a chance to rotate.
That's interesting too. Got 20K on my '01 Z06 tires. Planning to get an STi in a couple of months, after the heavier snow season passes. Then snows on the STi for next winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Florian said:
welcome to the world of F1's. They suck and you got more out of em than most people. Congrats.


F
I think Caddy should have the responsibility to inform people of the rediculously short tread life when buying the car - at $350 a tire from tire rack.
Probably won't go anyplace, but I'm going to look for an attorney for a class action suit.
 

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
Joined
·
12,266 Posts
they do, search this forum, there is an official announcement about the shitTy F1s


F
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,180 Posts
db2xpert said:
Probably won't go anyplace, but I'm going to look for an attorney for a class action suit.

Lawyers are not the answer to every consumer gripe. This is old news, caveat emptor, get over it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Some of us finally got what we have been waiting for for years, an American car that had the brakes, suspension and tires that had enough traction to make said brakes and suspension work so that we could finally have an honest world class sports sedan. You want to sue because GM gave us what we wanted? What's next a class action suit because it dosen't get 30 mpg?
There are no free lunches, you play,you pay.
If you wanted an inexpensive to operate highway cruiser, friend you bought the wrong car.
 

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V platinum/blk.
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
db2xpert said:
Probably won't go anyplace, but I'm going to look for an attorney for a class action suit.
There ya go, that's the answer!!!!!!!! Get sue crazy, that'll show 'em!!!!!!

Relax man, so you're not happy with the F1s. Here's a novel idea, DON'T BUY THEM AGAIN!
 

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
Joined
·
12,266 Posts
Bowen,
Ill see you in court for.....for.....for being LOGICAL and RIGHT and yeah, that!

LOL


F
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
a64pilot said:
Some of us finally got what we have been waiting for for years, an American car that had the brakes, suspension and tires that had enough traction to make said brakes and suspension work so that we could finally have an honest world class sports sedan. You want to sue because GM gave us what we wanted? What's next a class action suit because it dosen't get 30 mpg?
There are no free lunches, you play,you pay.
If you wanted an inexpensive to operate highway cruiser, friend you bought the wrong car.
Did not expect any free lunch. I always have performance cars. I think the mileage is great, brakes are great, suspension is mediocre. I don't baby it, but I don't beat it either. I have 3 cars that are road race only, for serious
playing.

When the car was picked uo from the dealer, it did not have 2nd gear in the tranny. End of this summer, the rear end had to be replaced.
Great quality control and engineering, and really great dealer prep....

Regarding the Caddy letter link somebody posted about tire wear, it says about 1/2 of regular tires. Since regular all weather tires generally provide around 40K miles, this s/b 20K. I got 20K on my Z06 F1 tires, and many owners had them go in 10K. You can drive fast, enjoy the car, not beat it, and get decent tire life - whe the tires are decent to start with.
So the Goodyear EMT tires are crap.
Certainly not what I ordered from tire rack yesterday.

BMW M3/M5 tires don't wear out in < 15K miles, nor do Porsche, nor Mercedes AMG models.

No reason why I should be stuck for the Caddy/Goodyear f**k-up on these tires.

If people chose to live their lives bent over, that's their problem.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top