Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tires size for the 2007 Lades are stated as P265/65 18's ..
I've been searching for different brands in that size and it doesn't seem as though there are many, if any, available.
I was particularly interested in Bridgestones.
Anyone have any info.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.. Frank

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
Wait. The size of the rim on the new Escalade is 18". That is really disappointing because anything under 20" is definitly too small. Cadillac really needs to make the rim at least 20" to keep up the look of the new Escalade.

Thanks.

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
That's what I like to hear. The fact that they offer 22's from the factory is great. I am doing aftermarket 22's for my 2005 Escalade. That makes me feel better.

Thanks.

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
Standard 18's:
265/65R18 (Not sure of exact brand/model, but should be the same Bridgestone's as with the 22's)

Optional 22's:
285/45R22 Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza

You aren't going to find a lot of alternate choices, most likely, this early, but give it some time for some actual GMT-900's to get out on the road with their new stock tire/wheel sizes and the tire companies will likely be quick to get some more alternatives out there.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
05 Cadillac Escalade said:
Wait. The size of the rim on the new Escalade is 18". That is really disappointing because anything under 20" is definitly too small. Cadillac really needs to make the rim at least 20" to keep up the look of the new Escalade.
Thanks.
Yes for some anything less than 22's is small for looks.
I'm in the Northeast and looking for ride and comfort since the roads are not the greatest.. Summer or Winter.
Low profile tires don't stand a chance here with pot holes in the winter and just general lack of smooth road surface year round.
I'm running Bridgestone Dueler AT's on my stock 04 and they are Excellent for summer or winter.
The new 22's for the 2007 look great but for the stock 18's I'd want to get another set of Duelers if I get a 2007.
It's another can of worms but they certainly don't design these vehicles with winter weather in mind.
Take the windshield wipers for example.. will they be able to pop them up away from the windshield on the new 2007.
On the current model you're lucky of you can lift them enough to even get your hand under them to clean snow off the windshield... or to replace the wiper blades for that matter.
Anyway.. looking forward to seeing the new 2007 in person.
Thanks guys for the tire info.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Dif said:
Yes for some anything less than 22's is small for looks.
I'm in the Northeast and looking for ride and comfort since the roads are not the greatest.. Summer or Winter.
Low profile tires don't stand a chance here with pot holes in the winter and just general lack of smooth road surface year round.
I'm running Bridgestone Dueler AT's on my stock 04 and they are Excellent for summer or winter.
The new 22's for the 2007 look great but for the stock 18's I'd want to get another set of Duelers if I get a 2007.
It's another can of worms but they certainly don't design these vehicles with winter weather in mind.
Take the windshield wipers for example.. will they be able to pop them up away from the windshield on the new 2007.
On the current model you're lucky of you can lift them enough to even get your hand under them to clean snow off the windshield... or to replace the wiper blades for that matter.
Anyway.. looking forward to seeing the new 2007 in person.
Thanks guys for the tire info.
I'm with you on the wiper thing--drives me insane. Neither our '02 Avalanche or '04 Suburban had wipers arms that could be stood, but strangely, when I detailed a client's '99 Silverado, I was shocked that it had the feature--made me want to go find some junk yard wiper arms and swap.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
slk230mb said:
My wipers on my 02 stand up fine when I'm changing the blades or clearing snow.
Well, so you can lift them and they'll "lock" at a 90 deg. angle--without you having to hold on? That's what they, apparently, got rid of after some of the earliest models.

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Well, so you can lift them and they'll "lock" at a 90 deg. angle--without you having to hold on? That's what they, apparently, got rid of after some of the earliest models.
That's exactly what I can do. It sucks that they took that away.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I ordered my 07' with 22's, I hope the 17" stock 02' to 06' wheels will fit so the Bridgestone Revo's will fit, they don't make them in sizes for wheels over 17" :(

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hcvone said:
I ordered my 07' with 22's, I hope the 17" stock 02' to 06' wheels will fit so the Bridgestone Revo's will fit, they don't make them in sizes for wheels over 17" :(
I'd agree with caddycruiser.
Once the vehicles are out there, or maybe even before... those tire sizes should become available.
I checked the Bridgestone home page for the 18 and 22 inch tires that are shown coming on the 2007's and even they ( Bridgestone ) don't have them listed as available.
They must be making them though because they have them on the 2007's in all the pictures like the one in the above post.
I noticed they're labeled Touring tires though.
Even with the all wheel drive,..Unless they have a fairly aggressive tread, they won't be much good in winter weather/snow.

·
Registered
175 Posts
slk230mb said:
That's exactly what I can do. It sucks that they took that away.
I cant seem to get mine to stay up, I have an 02'. Do you think I just need to PULL it harder? or are your wiper arms aftermarket?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts