Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
CTS AWD Sportwagon
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 wagon does not have the temp spare tire, but I can't seem to find the tire repair kit. Manual says it is located in the rear. I've found the battery and a empty compartment with hinged lid in the floor, but no compresor or sealant. Am i mising something?:confused:

·
Registered
2010 CTS4
58 Posts
I'd say you are missing the air compressor and sealant combo pac. It's a small compressor that plugs into your car that has a can of sealant on it and mine is under the trunk floor on my 2010 CTS sedan.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
281 Posts
Sounds like they didn't include one, it should be under the lid in the trunk floor where your 'donut spare' would go.

·
Registered
CTS AWD Sportwagon
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess the tire repair kit is not included Cadillac's 117 point certification check list. Jeez, who would of thunk it?

·
Registered
2010 CTS4
58 Posts
I saw them on ebay for about a hundred bucks. Don't you just love ebay, it's such a great place for dirtbags to sell the stuff that should have stayed with their trade-in, and for you to buy stuff that you already paid for.

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS4
394 Posts
After seeing this post, I need to check to see if the 09 I bought last month has something in the compartment!

If you just bought the car, I would contact the dealer/salesman it came from and let them know they owe you an inflator kit. Or better yet, if it were me, I would want the spare tire kit instead.

Edit: I just checked before leaving for work. I have the inflator kit.

·
Registered
2008 CTS Base Manual Tran
553 Posts
Has anyone used the fix and inflater kit? Does it work? I'm a little leery about not having a spare.

·
Registered
CTS Coupe Performance Stick
1,013 Posts
Amen on "leery", brother.

This kit sounds like an engineers solution that works well in theory (i.e. in someone's head) but practice is another matter. On the other hand, the last time I had a flat tire was at least 30 years ago.

But just in case I keep snacks, drinks, and a jacket handy at all times. And a paid up Onstar phone with minutes.

·
Registered
2017 CTS V Crystal White with carbon black
371 Posts
Stoney,

Did you actually lift the floor up that is under the folding cargo door? If you didn't get to the spare well, you need to open it up a bit more. The inflator goo/compressor kit is all one assembly and resides where the amp is located and the space saver would be.

Richard

·
Registered
CTS AWD Sportwagon
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info. Dealer sent the missing kit. Like some others, I'm a bit leery about the kit. I think I'll pay for some on-star minutes.

·
Registered
04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon
1,803 Posts
But really, as Pimp said, when was the last time you got a flat?
Chill, and enjoy your Caddy.

·
Registered
2008 CTS
257 Posts
Anybody want to trade a spare tire for a inflator kit on a wagon? I have the full size spare, but would rather purge that dead weight if I can.

·
Registered
'09 1SB - Crystal Red w/Light Titanium
268 Posts
Or ... Jay Leno says "Check this out!"

I also cannot remember the last flat I had on my cars. If you frequent Jay Leno's Garage, he was pretty impressed with

So, if you're really worried about not having an actual spare or don't trust the factory "Goo Kit" ... get some of the stuff that Jay likes. I'd make sure it will not harm the tire pressure sensors before using. fyi

·
Registered
CTS Coupe Performance Stick
1,013 Posts
Pretty cool stuff, DMill. Nice post. Would have been nice if Jay had made reference to tire monitors.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
They say these tire sealants will not harm the pressure sensor. I am not sure I buy that, but even if it does, sensors aren't that expensive anymore. I would still rather have even a compact spare.

·
Registered
2010 AWD Sportwagon, Diamond white, 3.6 DI
193 Posts
Beanjapan, you have a full size spare?Don't recall that being an option when I ordered my car. I wondered if one would even fit in the well. I initially wanted that, but now as per the sentiments in this thread, I'm happy enough with the space saver. Changed a flat tire for a young gal late one evening about 4 weeks ago. Before that it was about 2 years ago, my brother 6 months ago. It's getting rarer, but it happens. While a phone is great, generally you can have it replaced/repaired and be home in the same time it would take for the service tech to arrive, especially so if you're stuck out in Timbukto.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
5 Posts
I have a 2011 CTS-V. The tire inflator had never been used until recently. When I took it our I foudn it had leaked its oil all over the liner of that recessed compartment soaking it. It's apparently defective.

If there is a Caddy rep on here what are my options now?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,286 Posts
Probably not much help for your bad compressor. First thing I would do is try to get a new one from the dealer under warranty. After that fails then you have no choice but to either bite the bullet on new OEM or ebay.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
5 Posts
tinman said:
Probably not much help for your bad compressor. First thing I would do is try to get a new one from the dealer under warranty. After that fails then you have no choice but to either bite the bullet on new OEM or ebay.
Found one for $60 on eBay new. Will cost to replace liner though :-(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts