Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I too have worn out the F1's on my V in less than 11,000 miles. I do not drive the car that hard. I am looking for more of an all season performance, daily driver kind of tire. I am getting very mixed reviews for all the tire dealers. Does anyone have a recommendation, I do drive it in light snow(If you call sliding driving) and also in rain.
I am considering Pirelli PZero Nero m&S tires.
Anyone have these??

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
I have heard good things about the Pzero neros.
Go Here and look at the tire posts. Great info.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Check out the Falkens and Avons. I have Avons (20K+ miles) and theyre ready to be changed out. They got noisy like off road tires at about 15K, but I lived with it for 5K....now its either Falken 451's or GSD3's, not sure which.

F

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I think the only subject that has more words about it on this forum than tires is rear wheel hop. It makes you wonder if newbies ever bother to search and read previous posts.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V, completely stock
193 Posts
I am pleased with my BFGoodrich g-force T/A KDW2's, except when typing out the name on message boards. :histeric:

No snow, but had a very good first experience on a rainy road trip, and I have noticed no dry performance loss (but I doubt I drive the V over 7/10's 'cause I need to go to race driving school!)

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
bridgestone s03, great tire ,excellent performance in rain and dry from new til bald. also, very round, hence very easy to balance and enjoy a wobble free ride AVOID gsd3s, 3 of 4 of mine ,were not round and unbalanceable really sucked!! ill never try a goodlaugh product AGAIN...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all that helped.
Yes I am a newbie but I did search the post before I asked this question. The only tire review that was considered an "all season" was the Continental versions. I have found that as I researched the Continental, reviews elsewhere were very bad.

I was really wondering about the Pirellis

Thanks

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
GSD3's. love em. They also won Tire racks 10 best or something. I have 10K hard miles on them, with 4 track days. Still have some meat before the wear bars. I like them so much I'm gonna get 275's for the rear, there wearing out from all my burnouts.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,975 Posts
Got Avon Tech 550s here on Mille Miglias. Got 1k on 'em so far and doing ok. Would recommend.

·
Registered
05 cts v 06 2.8 cts
192 Posts
P zero is agreat tire. Had them on 2 cars and always good and are good lookin tire especially with the red p zero micro lettering!!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am pretty happy with the Goodyear RSA Runcraps. I got 18K out of my F1s before they showed their first belts. I have 12K on the RSAs and they are wearing pretty well. They should be good for 25K or better. I paid $197 from tire rack 6 months ago. If you venture away from a runflat you will have to rig some kind of a spare. I think there is a sticky on the spare. I do not do any hard launches and alot of highway miles. 30K on my factory diff.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V (Thunder Grey)
1,667 Posts
Dave-V said:
I am pretty happy with the Goodyear RSA Runcraps. I got 18K out of my F1s before they showed their first belts. I have 12K on the RSAs and they are wearing pretty well. They should be good for 25K or better. I paid $197 from tire rack 6 months ago. If you venture away from a runflat you will have to rig some kind of a spare. I think there is a sticky on the spare. I do not do any hard launches and alot of highway miles. 30K on my factory diff.
I ventured away from Run Crap's on my Corvette over 2-years and 40,000 miles ago and have been very happy. I carry a plug kit and an air compressor that plugs into a power outlet. I have not had to use either since I got them. and I have picked up a couple of screws in the tread. Most tires will seal completely or partially around a nail or screw. If I ever run into a situation where I can't limp into a tire shop, I have AAA to tow me into a shop.
One thing I will mention, but do not carry, is a can of fix-a-flat. Some Corvette guys carry this as a last resort because once used it will require the replacement of the wheel sensor.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V Black/Black
157 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts