Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Katshot and I have already discussed on here, the tires that are already on my '99 Fleetwood are just noisy as hell. My current tires are Michelin LX4 235 60R 16s and I want to replace them with Bridgestone Turanza LS-H 235 60R 16s. I've been reading reviews on tirerack.com and was just curious if anyone else had any experience with these tires:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Turanza+LS-H&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=36HR6TLS&fromCompare1=yes

I've bought tires from Tirerack.com before and had the tires installed at a local shop where they were aligned, balanced and installed. I think that I probably saved about $100 all said and done, so I figured I would just do it again this way.

Thoughts? Opinions? Experience with Bridgestone Turanza LS-H's?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As a note though, the one thing I've noticed that's different in description is that the current tires are load rated (Load Rating RF) where the tires I'm considering buying are not. Being that the '99 Fleetwood is pretty heavy (6200 LBS according to the door jamb), I don't know if this will cause an issue or not.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
That's not the curb weight, it's gotta be the GVW. There's no way they added damn near 2000 pounds to the car.
The load range on whatever tires you get should be a standard load which is an "E" rating I think.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Katshot said:
That's not the curb weight, it's gotta be the GVW. There's no way they added damn near 2000 pounds to the car.
The load range on whatever tires you get should be a standard load which is an "E" rating I think.
OK, you're right, it's the GVW, not the curb weight. So, then if I can actually do standard weight tires, I'm thinking that the Bridegestones above will be fine. They're rated as being quieter and better in the snow than my current tires anyway, which is good.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
The only time I would suggest using the higher load range tires is if you intend to utilize the car's FULL GVW capability. As the chance of that is slim, since it's not stretched, I'd say you should have no problem using standard load range tires. It will be a lot easier on your pocket book and net you a better ride.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, it's just called a Fleetwood rebadged as such by Superior Coaches after they stretched it a foot for their Conversion. It's the same concept as the 2000 and newer DES edition of the Deville. However, in the newer ones it's called the "Deville DES," where mine is called a relabeled a Fleetwood, though no Where[/b[ on the car does it actually say "Fleetwood."

Meanwhile, I took it to my mechanic this AM after beeing really frustrated about this whole road noise issue, but I wanted to be sure it wasn't something mechanical before I bought the new tires. Sure enough, it's not. The wheel bearings are bad on both rear wheels. My mechanic threw the car up on the rack and then manually spun the tires with his hand and you could hear the grind.

The car goes in for GM warranty work on Wednesday and I'll be getting a loaner from the dealer. I hope this doesn't become a pattern though, since I've only had the car for 3 weeks. I'm assuming not, but...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
3 Participants
70coupedeville