Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS LUX III, 2006 DTS w/sunroof & navigation (scrapped), 1997 ETC (Sold)
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually haunt the DTS forum but need some advice from the Escalade crew.

I have a friend in Montana that recently purchased a 2015 Escalade ESV Platinum. Absolutely loves it.

But he is having tire issues. 10 punctures in 5 months. He is getting to the point of not trusting the factory Goodyear 22" tires and is looking to change over to something else. He would like to change without sacrificing any ride or handling quality. He and I checked Michelin but they do not offer that size yet.

He is driving the ESV on the exact same roads as all of his other vehicles but only getting punctures on the Caddy.

He met another ESV owner over the weekend who had the same issue and switched over to Toyo rubber.

Any advice on tires would be greatly appreciated and I will pass it along to him.

Thanks in advance!!!
Mike.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Goodyear P285/45R22. I did not get the model. He considered swapping them at point of sale but was quoted a ridiculous price so he figured he would run them out and said "How bad can it be?" Which of course now is pretty bad......

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
I had Bridgestone dueler H/L alenzas in my escalade hybrid which did not have a spare tire. 195k miles later and three sets of Alenzas never got a punctured tire.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,454 Posts
Your friend is in luck, we're still accepting new members!!!! Tell him to stop in and visit us!!

·
Registered
None
226 Posts
evois said:
I had Bridgestone dueler H/L alenzas in my escalade hybrid which did not have a spare tire. 195k miles later and three sets of Alenzas never got a punctured tire.
My 07, and 09 escalade had the Bridgestone duelers H/L Alenzas I never had a flat in 7 years or a puncture . I would have to have the seal redone once in a while in the winter but that it never ever a flat not even once !

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
The factory does not use Goodyear Fortera tires, are you saying Goodyears were on a brand new Platinum? ....
Yes, Goodyear P285/45R22. I did not get the model. He considered swapping them at point of sale but was quoted a ridiculous price so he figured he would run them out and said "How bad can it be?" Which of course now is pretty bad......

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as I know the ESV was new off the lot. Will verify.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He is heading to the tire store in the morning, had another flat this weekend. Went out at 3.00am and flat on the rear again. He is not happy.......

·
Registered
None
398 Posts
Does your friend live in a new construction area? There's always lots of building materials, especially nails in the street. I hope he's buying the road hazard warranty for the tires. Tire Rack offers them free for most tires.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
391 Posts
My wife got a puncture on our Bridgestone with 400 miles on the car. Punctures will happen with any tire. Now if the tire were blowing out with no reason, like firestones or Continentals have done in the past....then it's time for a new manufacturer.

In other words, it's where your friend is driving, not the tire. He must be doing something different with the Escalade. Now if the other cars are taking shrapnel and not puncturing...so he has to pull it out of the tire but the tires are intact....I want that brand!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Unless we are talking of the previous generation used escalade with at least 70k miles already.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
My wife got a puncture on our Bridgestone with 400 miles on the car. Punctures will happen with any tire. Now if the tire were blowing out with no reason, like firestones or Continentals have done in the past....then it's time for a new manufacturer.

In other words, it's where your friend is driving, not the tire. He must be doing something different with the Escalade. Now if the other cars are taking shrapnel and not puncturing...so he has to pull it out of the tire but the tires are intact....I want that brand!
Exactly.....and the tires on the new Escalades ARE Bridgestones.

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
No way it's a Goodyear tire on a brand new 2015 Escalade. It's the Bridgestone Dueler Alenza tires.

MAYBE..... If this ESV was sold, then the person complained of the booming pressure issues?? I know GM has tried softer sidewall tires for some people to quiet this phenomenon down. Wonder how many miles were on this truck when his friend took delivery ?? Maybe the dealer UNwound the orig sale???

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,454 Posts
Perhaps the friend should become a member and tell the full story to possibly eliminate the need for speculation.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
I am with Mr.H on this. Best that your friend join the forum to discuss the issue and let him know that people here including the Cadillac Customer Service is here to help.

Tire wise, either Bridgestone Alenzas or Continental LX20 Crosscontact are my favorites.

No way it's a Goodyear tire on a brand new 2015 Escalade. It's the Bridgestone Dueler Alenza tires.

I checked Tire Rack, there are Goodyear tires for that size.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=1&autoMake=Cadillac&autoYear=2015&autoModel=Escalade+ESV&autoModClar=&width=285/&ratio=45&diameter=22&sortCode=61432&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=S&minLoadRating=S

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It was purchased new, it is a 2015 and it had Goodyear rubber on it. Over the weekend he met another ESV owner (that one was a 2014) that had the Goodyears when new, owner complained about too many flats as well and had switched over to Toyos.

I took a few minutes today to try to prove or disprove if Goodyears are an OEM tire for the ESV but ran out of time.

Moot point now as they came off today, he is done with that foolishness. The Goodyears are most likely at the bottom of a tire disposal dumpster now.

This is what he chose for replacement rubber......http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Pirelli/Scorpion+Verde+All+Season+Plus/2448700

Thanks for the responses, I will mention membership to him.

Mike.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I tried my best to talk him into the Bridgestone as recommended in this thread.

He got hung up on the 300lb weight rating difference per tire in his size (Goodyear vs. Bridgestone) and I could not get him around that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts