Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'03 CTS White Diamond
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post. I just bought new tires for my '03 CTS (my original Goodyears had only 38000 on them), but I don't know what the correct tire pressure should be. The placard on the side of the door only lists the gross weight and it seems like the pressure information must have washed or worn off. Also the new tires I bought (Yokahama AVID TRZ) list on the sidewall a maximum pressure of 40 lbs. When I checked the tire pressure the following morning while the tires were cold, they had 45 lbs in them. The papers I got with the tires listed a pressure of 35 lbs. The next problem I noticed was that when I picked up my car after having the new tires mounted and a 4 wheel alignment was that my clock had an incorrect time on it, as if the battery was disconnected. So I called the shop and asked if there would be any reason why the battery would be disconnected since the clock was wrong and they said no way. I later checked under the hood (which I should have done first) and saw that the battery terminal plastic covers were removed and hanging from their lanyards. What is going on with that? Sorry 'bout being so long winded....

·
Registered
2004 CTS (sold), 2014 ATS
453 Posts
Never go by what the sidewalls say; always go by what's on the car. Check the owner's manual and inflate to whatever it says in there.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
1500cc said:
Never go by what the sidewalls say; always go by what's on the car. Check the owner's manual and inflate to whatever it says in there.
I have 32psi in my eagles gives enough room to allow for expansion (as you drive a +5 PSI difference will occur depending on the type of tire) Generally 30psi is a good rule of thumb if you don't know the tires ratings.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I read that when the CTS was tuned on the Nuremberg 30 psi was used. Some guys on another forum found that autocross their cars found that 30 psi was the optimal pressure.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Spike1282 said:
I read that when the CTS was tuned on the Nuremberg 30 psi was used. Some guys on another forum found that autocross their cars found that 30 psi was the optimal pressure.
Well there you have it, proof like no other :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 CTS (sold), 2014 ATS
453 Posts
AsAkAs said:
I have 32psi in my eagles gives enough room to allow for expansion (as you drive a +5 PSI difference will occur depending on the type of tire) Generally 30psi is a good rule of thumb if you don't know the tires ratings.
All tire pressure measurements are to be done cold. When it says 30 psi in the manual, that's the cold pressure. I woudn't worry about what's going to happen as a tire warms up because the engineers have already considered that when determining their cold pressures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts