Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V, 1969 Cougar XR7 Convertible, 1970 GTO, 1970 Torino GT, 2006 XLR
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 here with 9K miles on it. Had an interesting occurrence two days ago which has yet to repeat itself. The car had sat about a month while I was on vacation. Car was on trickle charge all that time. I got a text from the My Cadillac app on my phone saying the the left rear tire pressure was low and the others were low, but not as low. I checked all the pressures manually and all were within specs and half PSI of each other. I uninstalled the app and restarted it. The app still said low pressures. Then magically the next day after haviing driven the car, the app displayed all pressures were normal and agreed with the manual tire pressure gauge. I guess the electronics self corrected themselves. Has anybody ever experienced this or want to guess what caused it? Could it be from sitting unstarted for several weeks? Just curious. Any insights appreciated.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m curious, what were the pressures in the DIC?
The Pressures From The DIC were the same as what the mobile app displayed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
What were the pressures?

If there was no warning on the dash. I would suspect a Onstar issue. Their alerts sometimes are finicky.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand. Does the My Cadillac app tie in to the OnStar service? There were no warnings on the dash. The new version of the My Cadillac app is better than the older version. With the older version it would hardly ever display miles left to drive on the available fuel and often the tire pressures would not be that accurate either. I complained more times than I want to think about to the developers of the My Cadillac app. Perhaps they finally listened? IDK

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V
141 Posts
Yeah, but the DIC pressures were the same as the app screams TPMS issues. This one is a head scratcher.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It certainly is...That is why I posted this hoping our combined experiences could shed some light on this mystery! :unsure:

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V
141 Posts
I would normally point to the battery, but you said you had it was on a trickle. Unless, it’s just a bad battery and the trickle wasn’t actually keeping the charge up because the battery wasn’t taking what it needed.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Being your car is a 2016, if your TPMS sensors are original they're about at the short end of the expected 5-10 year TPMS sensor battery lifespan... but to have all 4 act weird simultaneously is not typical.

Probably just a weird one time glitch, but keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for the ideas. New battery last year. One of the TPMS was replaced a couple of months ago. It was at that time that the dealer did a relearn on All of the sensors. Hope it just turns out to be a one time glitch. Previous to this car I had a 2007 XLR and it never needed any TPMS right up to the time that I sold it. I think that a 5 year life expectancy on TPMS is a little bit of an underestimate.Given my experience with the XLR, I think 10 years might be more realistic. Computers.....I hate them!

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V Infared, 2013ATS, 2016 ATSV
949 Posts
I posted a similar question a while ago. Many times when I park either the ATSV or ATS next to my 2011 GMC truck the low pressure light is on one random tire. I drive for a block or so and then it reads correctly. If I park one spot over from the truck this does not happen. I am assuming the 2 monitors are interfering with each other.
Once however, I actually did have a flat and ignored the reading. That was costly!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for sharing your experience Alberan. The two vehicles were, in all likelihood, interfering with each other since this system is RF based. This is not the case for me since there are no vehicles parked near my V that have TPMS systems. I have not had a recurrence since the initial incident. So, I guess time will tell. I will say it again....I hate computers and wireless shit! :mad:

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,897 Posts
Interesting. I park my 2016 ATS-V next to my 2014 Gen ll CTS-V and have no issues. Actually, they are 'nose to rear'.

·
Registered
2018 ATS-V 6sp MT sedan
278 Posts
I have never had an issue with the ATS-V whether it is parked next to the Chevy Colorado or next to the spare tires/wheels which also have TPMS sensors in them. I have had an issue with my Igloo Kool Rider TE cooler interfering with the TPMS system is whatever car I had it in (I have since given the cooler away). The TPMS sensors in my 2001 Corvette were still working fine when I sold the car in 2018 to buy the ATS-V.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You just proved my point about the longevity of the batteries in the TPMS units RKTROY. Whoever said 5-10 years was hugely underestimating the life span since you got 17 years out of them and my experience has been similar. I have seen no malfunctions since, so I have to assume my experience as of late, was some sort of electronic Hiccup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts