Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2013 EXT
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to buy an extra set of wheels/tires for for off roading my EXT. Looking at pressure sensors and found prices from $40 for a set of four to over $60 each. Anyone used the cheap ones? Pros and cons?

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
Re: Tire pressure sensor

Planning to buy an extra set of wheels/tires for for off roading my EXT. Looking at pressure sensors and found prices from $40 for a set of four to over $60 each. Anyone used the cheap ones? Pros and cons?
A few things I've taken note of when researching TPMS sensors:

* These are inconvenient to replace when they stop functioning. You get what you pay for.

* They are battery powered; batteries have a shelf life. The average lifespan of TPMS sensors are approximately 7 yrs. Some live longer, some shorter. If you're buying used sensors, you're already cutting into that lifespan.

* Some of the cheaper sets on eBay are "new" sensors, but are either cheap-quality knockoffs or leftovers that have been sitting on a shelf somewhere for who knows how long. Again, you're cutting into the sensor lifespan. If the seller can't/won't tell you when they were manufactured, they're most likely old and/or cheap quality.

If you're just purchasing an additional set of tires/wheels for off road use, I say skip the TPMS and ignore the orange triangle on the dash. Your original tire/wheel TPMS will sync back up to the truck when you swap them back.

Registered
2013 EXT
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Probably best to do without as lowering air pressure when going off road will be giving me a low pressure alert.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts