Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tire pressure monitor in the car says "----" on the front driver's side tire. Before I've attempted to take off the wheel and check for a flat, I used a manual guage on the tire and it reads fine.

Any help guys?
It's 2006 with runflats still on.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
My tire pressure monitor in the car says "----" on the front driver's side tire. Before I've attempted to take off the wheel and check for a flat, I used a manual guage on the tire and it reads fine.

Any help guys?
It's 2006 with runflats still on.
Faulty TPMS. Take a pic of it on your phone (in case it fixes itself) and head to the dealer. They can fix it.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Has it always been like that or just recently?

If it just happened the sensor may have gone bad. If it's always been like that, try the re-set procedure. With the car off, key in the 'run' position, hold the lock and unlock buttons on your remote. Wait for the horn to chirp. When it chirps, let air in/out of the RF tire until it chirps again, then repeat for RR, LR, and LF. If should honk twice after the LF. If nothing happens after the LF, sensor is probably bad.

·
Registered
Cadillac
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Faulty TPMS. Take a pic of it on your phone (in case it fixes itself) and head to the dealer. They can fix it.
Well, i'm not under warranty anymore, so I'm assuming that they will charge for this repair?

Has it always been like that or just recently?

If it just happened the sensor may have gone bad. If it's always been like that, try the re-set procedure. With the car off, key in the 'run' position, hold the lock and unlock buttons on your remote. Wait for the horn to chirp. When it chirps, let air in/out of the RF tire until it chirps again, then repeat for RR, LR, and LF. If should honk twice after the LF. If nothing happens after the LF, sensor is probably bad.
It has not always been like this, but I do not know how long ago it started because I haven't always had the tire pressure screen showing. I've just decided to turn it on last night.

I guess it couldn't hurt to try out what you said anyway.

Can I just begin this procedure with the LF tire since this is the one that is showing the problem or is going through the steps in the order you have mentioned a must(RF,RR,LR,LF?

·
Registered
Cadillac
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK PROBLEM FIXED!!!! Thanks Guys!

I went through the steps of the letting the air out of the tires and it reset them.

The only thing is, I'm still not sure about if I was supposed repress the lock/unlock buttons each time the horn chirped? Or should I have just continued letting the air out of each tire?

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
821 Posts
The order is part of the learn procedure. It won't work right if you don't do it in the proper order. The dealer has a wand to relearn and probably would not charge much and a call to them costs nothing but time I would ask them what they charge for the relearn procedure can't be much if anyhting as they have to do it on all tire rotations that come in.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
OK PROBLEM FIXED!!!! Thanks Guys!

I went through the steps of the letting the air out of the tires and it reset them.

The only thing is, I'm still not sure about if I was supposed repress the lock/unlock buttons each time the horn chirped? Or should I have just continued letting the air out of each tire?
It has to be done in order. And you only have to hold the lock/unlock once. After the first horn chirp, you do RF, it will chirp, then do RR, it will chirp, then do LR, it will chirp, then do LF and it will then do a double honk to let you know it's done.

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
You don't have an owner's manual??

The TPM matching process is outlined below:

1. Set the Parking brake.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON with the engine off.
3. Using the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter,
lock and unlock the vehicle’s doors.
4. Press the lock and unlock buttons, at the same
time, on the RKE transmitter. A single horn chirp
will sound, indicating that the TPM system is ready,
and the sensor matching process can begin.
5. Start with the left (driver’s side) front tire.
6. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem.
Activate the TPM sensor by increasing or
decreasing the tire’s air pressure for five seconds,
or until a horn chirp sounds. The horn chirp,
which may take up to 30 seconds, confirms that the
sensor identification code has been matched to
this tire position. To decrease the tire’s air-pressure
use the pointy end of the valve cap, a pencil-style
air pressure gage or a key.
7. Proceed to the right (passenger’s side) front tire,
and repeat the procedure in Step 6.
8. Proceed to the right (passenger’s side) rear tire,

and repeat the procedure in Step 6.
9. Proceed to the left (driver’s side) rear tire, and
repeat the procedure in Step 6.
10. After hearing the confirming double horn chirp, for
the left rear tire, exit the matching process by
turning the ignition switch to OFF.
11. Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure
level as indicated on the tire and loading information
label.
12. Put the valve caps back on the valve stems.
The TPM system will not function properly if one or
more of the TPM sensors are missing or inoperable.
If the system detects a missing or inoperable sensor an
error message of several dashes – – – will be shown
on the message center display. If you have replaced a
tire/wheel assembly without transferring the TPM
sensors, the error message will be displayed. Once you
re-install the TPM sensors, the error message should
go off. See your GM dealer for service if all TPM sensors
are installed and the error message comes on and

stays on.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
It has to be done in order. And you only have to hold the lock/unlock once. After the first horn chirp, you do RF, it will chirp, then do RR, it will chirp, then do LR, it will chirp, then do LF and it will then do a double honk to let you know it's done.
It's LF, RF, RR, LR I think.

·
Registered
05 Maggied CTS-V
201 Posts
I've got the same problem as you do only for me it's on 3 wheels that turn to --- over driving time. This happens on 2 different sets of wheels even, each with their own TPMS sensor sets. I even replaced the antenna module above the headliner in the rear and still have the same problem. Hopefully you'll be lucky and the problem won't creep back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts