Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Platinum CTS-V
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened to me last week and I thought I had a blow-out and didn't even know it... I've never had a car with RF's before, so I was not sure what to expect...

I pulled over, examined the tire... all looked normal??? I got back in the car, drove 10 ft. and the sensor reading went back to the normal pressure... I figured it was just a glitch in the RF communication between the TPM and the computer...

Well, it happened again today... Instant "Zero" reading... warning bells go off, the dash screen shows the tire with the (!), I flip to the tire readings and it's at 0. I drive about 1/8 mile and it goes back to normal.

I wasn't worried the second time, since I would think that if the tire had a leak, it would warn me as the tire got low, like in the high 20psi's range... instead, it's an instant "0 psi".

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is it a bad sensor? Any TSBs about it?

I'm worried that caddi won't "fix" it unless they can duplicate the problem, and it hasn't seemed to occur with a pattern.

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Perhaps the battery in the TPS is on its last leg?

Are these the original sensors and __ years old?

Thread jack - What's the life of the TPS battery?

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Yeah, I have replaced a few sensors for that condition.
Not real common but enough to know that is pretty much all it can be.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Another suggestion, if you have functional Onstar, if/when it happens again have Onstar run a diagnostic, they should see the zero reading, and that it shortly goes back to normal. There's some reference for the service department that it's occuring.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V
49 Posts
I'm experiencing a similar problem in my 2005. According to the TP monitor, one tire appears to be slowly losing air -- and when the pressure dips below 25 pounds, the alarms start. OnStar even e-mailed me a warning that low pressure was detected. However, the tire pressure actually is fine -- 31 pounds cold. (These are the original F1's with only about 9,000 miles.)

So I took it to the dealer a couple of weeks ago and said I thought that tire's sensor was failing. They claimed to have checked it out and found the sensor to be OK. However, they said, there is a TSB on the problem that called for a reflash. They did whatever they did, and everything was fine.

For a few days, that is. Now the monitoring system is giving false reports about that same tire losing air again. I'll schedule another dealer visit soon, but I'm not sure exactly what is going on....

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
My 2005 did the same thing the other day.. Got out, checked the pressure, 30psi.. I got home and turned it off thinking it was a bad sensor.. Got back in it a few hours later, it was reading fine.. Hasn't had a hick-up since.

·
Registered
2004 Platinum CTS-V
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would think that would be warranty anyway... Off to the dealer I go...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts