Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS V
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy

Has any one bypass the tire pressure sensors on their V. If the F*#@!ing idiot light is on you canNOT turn off the stability nanny. Is there a way to bypass the wheel sensors. Pull a fuse? change the setting? ???

The reason I ask; I broke off the valve stem... the valve cap was seized, and I put a set of pliers on it (not realizing the stems are aluminum) and twisted it right off, cap and all. Nevertheless, the replacement is $150 and 6 weeks away. I put in a standard rubber valve for the time being. But I still want to turn off Stability Control; what the point of having this car if you can't put it sideways.

PS. my wife already called me a "big dumb animal", so save your breath.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Hey guy

Has any one bypass the tire pressure sensors on their V. If the F*#@!ing idiot light is on you canNOT turn off the stability nanny. Is there a way to bypass the wheel sensors. Pull a fuse? change the setting? ???

The reason I ask; I broke off the valve stem... the valve cap was seized, and I put a set of pliers on it (not realizing the stems are aluminum) and twisted it right off, cap and all. Nevertheless, the replacement is $150 and 6 weeks away. I put in a standard rubber valve for the time being. But I still want to turn off Stability Control; what the point of having this car if you can't put it sideways.

PS. my wife already called me a "big dumb animal", so save your breath.
I do not know of a way to bypass but replacement sensors are available. Rock Auto has them for $50.79. Lindsay Cadillac is another source we use a lot here. Are you in the USA?

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
I paid 200 for all for sensors so were ever you looked is trying to rip you a new one!

About the only way I know how to get rid of the TPM so you can kill stability control is to remove them from all four tires. You have to give it time to adjust and make sure your sensors are not within like 25ft of were you park or it will see them and screw up the process. There may be other more simple ways but this is the only one I know of.

·
Registered
06 CTS V
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope... Toronto Canada. I just search through the previous threads and there are some great ideas.

·
Registered
Maggie'd 05 CTS-V
279 Posts
I paid 200 for all for sensors so were ever you looked is trying to rip you a new one!

About the only way I know how to get rid of the TPM so you can kill stability control is to remove them from all four tires. You have to give it time to adjust and make sure your sensors are not within like 25ft of were you park or it will see them and screw up the process. There may be other more simple ways but this is the only one I know of.
Sweet, finally spring cleaning pays off. Just moved my stock wheels w/tps into storage, they had been sitting right beside where I park....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts