Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was getting the wife's car serviced @ Chevy dealership and saw that Z06 vettes had tire pressure not just low pressure monitoring for all 4, does the 09 CTS-V have the same?

·
Registered
Formerly 09 CTS-V, Red; now 16 CTS-V, Red
304 Posts
The pressure readings can be displayed in the DIC. First the two fronts and then the two rears, on the next screen.

·
Registered
09 V Sedan, 2012 V sedan
282 Posts
The pressure readings can be displayed in the DIC. First the two fronts and then the two rears, on the next screen.
If you like exact tire pressures like I do...don't believe the DIC pressure display. It is often off by 1-2 lbs. It is only good for a large loss or gain. I check mine every 2-3 weeks with my own digital tire guage that has been calibrated.

I also have nitrogen in my tires which is much better than air...less fluctuation, no moisture which degrades tires and because the molecules are larger than air, if you have a minor leak, it does not leak as much.

·
Registered
Formerly 09 CTS-V, Red; now 16 CTS-V, Red
304 Posts
If you like exact tire pressures like I do...don't believe the DIC pressure display. It is often off by 1-2 lbs. It is only good for a large loss or gain. I check mine every 2-3 weeks with my own digital tire guage that has been calibrated.
Yes, I should have commented on the (lack of) accuracy. Mine consistently reads 2-3 lbs above the readings I get with quality handheld gauges. But, knowing that the DIC readings are always a bit high, it's easy to make the mental translation to get a clue about a developing problem. I like seeing a number, even if I have to translate it. My previous car only told me when a specific tire was significantly out of line with the pressures from the other tires, but no clue if they were all similarly over- or underinflated.

·
Registered
NONE
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
because the molecules are larger than air, if you have a minor leak, it does not leak as much.
Umm huh... N2 would actually be smaller than O2 A# 7 vs 8 but a leak is a leak.

N2 is better on thermal properties over straight air (N2, O2, trace gas)

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Clack 6psd (manual), Recaro, Loaded...
381 Posts
Sort of off topic (sorry) what warm temperature are you guys targeting with your tires (especially those with accurate pressure gauges)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts