Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
08 cts
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this might be a stupid question, but my buddy gave me a set of wheels that came off his older cts with no tpms, what would happen if i put those wheels onto my 08 cts? would the tpms light come up? or would u need some sort of sensor installed into the new wheels? not sure how it works when you guys put new wheels on your car? thanks!

·
Registered
2011 TG CTS Coupe
200 Posts
I believe you would take the sensors out of your old wheels and install in the new. I just put some V wheels on and thats what the tire store did. There is some kind of rebuild kit involved too.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
281 Posts
You'd get an tire pressure warning message on you info center display. You can get a set of valve stem pressure monitors online if you were going to still use your old rims as winter rims. I saw sets on Ebay going for about $99 for all 4.

·
Registered
08' Escalade ESV AWD
166 Posts
I've got a set of winter rims/tires, if you do not move the valve stem sensors over yes you will see the "Service Tire Pressure System", I just disabled the monitoring system via the touchscreen "hidden menu", so I don't see the warning. When I put my summer tires back on (hopefully soon!!!) I will just re-enable the setting. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
08 cts4
73 Posts
I didn't know about this hidden menu , how do I find it . instead I put the four sensors in a wheelbarrow tire and put it in the trunk so my winters and summer wheels show no messages for the sensors .

·
Registered
08' Escalade ESV AWD
166 Posts
Press the FAV+CONFIG+INFO buttons at the same time. Enter 3242 when prompted, then go into the "Tire Calibrate" option. Then select "Off", when you get your summer meats back on just go back into menu and turn it back on.

Not sure what all the other options in the menu do, but I would exersise caution with other settings. Prolly can't do too much damage but I'm not sure.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
268 Posts
Press the FAV+CONFIG+INFO buttons at the same time. Enter 3242 when prompted, then go into the "Tire Calibrate" option. Then select "Off", when you get your summer meats back on just go back into menu and turn it back on.

Not sure what all the other options in the menu do, but I would exersise caution with other settings. Prolly can't do too much damage but I'm not sure.

Cheers!
Can you explain further? I tried this and can't seem to really understand..

Anyone know?

edit: is the code really 3242 or is it 3424 as I saw a video on youtube with a cadillac cts that use the code 3424
I have a 2007 escalade ESV

·
Registered
2008 CTS 1995 STS
5 Posts
Hi I got aftermarket wheels on. Anyway to turn off the tire monitor system so that i dont get a warning lamp everytime i drive?

·
Registered
Previous:2005 Cadillac XLR; Current:2014 Cadillac CTS Coupe
299 Posts
The code I've used is 3424, I used it to erase the music on my hard drive, but should be same code to get into the menu system.

Anyone know?

edit: is the code really 3242 or is it 3424 as I saw a video on youtube with a cadillac cts that use the code 3424

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,420 Posts
I didn't know about this hidden menu , how do I find it . instead I put the four sensors in a wheelbarrow tire and put it in the trunk so my winters and summer wheels show no messages for the sensors .
Interesting solution. Be glad you didn't use a VW Bug spare tire to fake the sensors, because after a while using the windshield washers, you'd still get a warning. :yup: The older folks on here will understand the humor in that statement.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,557 Posts
You guys should be banned! :hurt:

'Cept Marv, my Dad. :bwahaharoll4vu:

Reactions: Tbbt

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts

Anyone know?

The code is 3424 - and the "hidden menu" (aka secret service menu) is only available/accessible for those 2nd gen CTS's equipped with the factory-installed Navigation/Infotainment system. There is no such hidden menu in non-Nav CTS's.

Link to YouTube video that explains how to access the hidden menu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fc3PmxuPOM

1 - 16 of 16 Posts