Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2007 DTS
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to reset the TPMS. It was working, but the readings were in the wrong place (front was showing the rear).
I did it as the book said to do it. I let the air out until the horn sounded 2 times to start and once at each wheel, then 2 times at
the last tire. Now all I get is blank spaces for each wheel and a SERVICE TIRE MONITOR SYSTEM. I tried it 3 times and it still
does not work. It worked OK before I tried to reset it.
Any ideas?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,436 Posts
There's a pretty good chance that the lithium batteries in the monitors are dying. New sensors are the key.

Not familiar with the deflating tires thing - earlier sensors reset with the key fob and a magnet used at each wheel stem.

·
Registered
1997 Professional Chassis Raised Roof Presidential Limousine
411 Posts
I tried to reset by letting the air out but the horn never beeped. Ended up using a reset tool. Maybe disconnect the battery and reboot?

·
Registered
2006 DTS
193 Posts
That is the tool the service manager at my local dealer used to reset the system. Placed it up against the sidewall of each tire.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any other way to do it. That is one $$$ tool. I like to fix my cars myself if I can. Does unhooking the battery work?

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
Turn on accessory power
Hold the lock and unlock buttons on the fob together until the horn beeps twice then starting with the left front do the letting air out of the tire thing.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS
65 Posts
If you have a Discount Tire in your part of the world, stop by and ask them to reset your TPMS system. They do it for free. If not, try your local tire store, Firestone or whatever. They will almost certainly have the tool and the expertise, but they may charge you a few dollars.

·
Registered
2006 DTS LUX III, 2006 DTS w/sunroof & navigation (scrapped), 1997 ETC (Sold)
209 Posts
Take the advice from hnettles, I've seen people even with the tool still have to run through the process two or three times. GM vehicles are finicky.

I've even seen them thump the tire with a rubber mallet to wake the sensor up while performing the calibration. Well worth a few bucks to take it somewhere.

JMHO.

Mike.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
I have the original Kent-Moore/GM J-46079 TPMS analyzer and it works perfectly every time. Besides resetting the TPMS sensors it will analyze the TPMS receiver in the car.

·
Registered
2006 DTS LUX III, 2006 DTS w/sunroof & navigation (scrapped), 1997 ETC (Sold)
209 Posts
We have a hard time here with the GM products in our tire department. We do mostly big trucks but on occasion have to tangle with cars and light trucks. I don't know how good their tool is, probably not the greatest.
I had four new sensors put in the DTS last year at an automotive tire store and they really had quite the time getting them to communicate. The rubber hammer seemed to help and it may be that the sensors were new.
My Chrysler products are easy, put a new sensor in and drive about a mile. That is all that it takes.

·
Registered
2007 DTS LUX II 75k - Once owned 1998 Deville & 2002 Deville
241 Posts
Thanks to all, when I get it working I will never try to reset it again.
I first tried the procedure in the owner's manual on my 07 with no luck. I had a tire company changed all sensors with Dorman sensors on Amazon for less
than $30 each. Then the procedure in the owner's manual will worked. If yours are the original then the batteries are most likely to weak to work. The
procedure mentioned earlier using the key FOB was for earlier Devilles.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't know if they are the original or not. It is a 07 DTS LUX II. All I know is they worked before I tried to reset them.
I will take it in and get the system checked.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just to update this. I took my car to the local Chevy dealer to get the key recall done. I ask the service guy if they could fix the monitor light.
He said if the sensors are working he could do it. He fixed it, no charge. He just put it into learning mode and pointed some little thingy at each wheel.
Works like it should now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts