Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS Sedan 3.6DI
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a Tire Pressure Monitor System failure on my Driver Display. Anyone experienced this yet? 2008 CTS Performance Sedan 3.6DI

·
Registered
Cadillac
111 Posts
Yes, I just got this as well. I had the TPMS on my right front tire replaced. $110 for the part. $80 for the labor. Car has 44k miles on it.

·
Registered
'08 CTS Black Raven/Ebony 3.6DI FE2 6-speed manual
149 Posts
Yes, I just got this as well. I had the TPMS on my right front tire replaced. $110 for the part. $80 for the labor. Car has 44k miles on it.
Hate to say it, but there are less expensive alternatives even for AC Delco OEM, its worth shopping around - labor is going to be what it is of course though...

·
Registered
2011 CTS-4, Sedan,Tuscan Bronze
388 Posts
Did you have this done at a dealership? My guess is you paid double the price.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-4 3.0 sedan black/black
353 Posts
times that by four and you get somewhere around $800. What a croc and a scam
perpetrated on the American public. It's like the 1/2gal toilet flush and the trickle
shower heads. We got along just fine for years and years ignorant to what pressure
was in our tires and because a few nitwits never bothered to check their pressure and
took corners at 75mph and tipped over, we all have to suffer and pay. When mine go
out I'm leaving them out. thanks, douglas

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,143 Posts
Nice rant, Douglas. And I don't disagree. And in a year or two we will all have backup cameras because of the morons who don't turn around to look at where they are going. No additional cost there.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Seems expensive for what is a $50.00 dollar part and labor that I believe is just a little more than mounting and balancing a tire. But I've been wrong before.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac CTS
2 Posts
Seems expensive for what is a $50.00 dollar part and labor that I believe is just a little more than mounting and balancing a tire. But I've been wrong before.
There is a hand held scanner used to recalibrate the sensors and sync them with the cars computer
The process doesn't take long but is required
The scanner is not cheap

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
263 Posts
I got four of the OEM monitors for 200.00 from Element Wheels when I bought my wheel/tire package. There is a procedure for calibrating them that works like a charm, no scanner necessary.

Shakey

·
Registered
388 Posts
After market sells Redi Sensors that calibrate themselves. Isn't it possible to sync any TPMS sensor to the vehicle using the DIC?

·
Registered
'08 CTS Black Raven/Ebony 3.6DI FE2 6-speed manual
149 Posts
For at least 2008 no calibration tool necessary - can be done with key position / dashboard button pushes and changing pressure for each tire in sequence. All documented in the owner's manual...

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 2008 3.6DI Sport Luxury
1,027 Posts
I had a problem with one sensor. I replaced battery by myself - you can find howto on youtube. Recalibration is easy - without tools. Finally I found new sensor for $20 (the best is to search by part number located on the sensor). Replacement of sensor can be done in any tire service.

·
Registered
2008 CTS-4
42 Posts
Well, I'm hoping that my TPMS sensors - now 7¼ years old and still going strong - will have a few more years of battery life.

"A GM TPMS sensor has pressure, temperature and acceleration sensors. The unit also has a radio transmitter, receiver and battery. Sensors have a 10 year /150,000 mile (240,000 km) battery life."

What is your recourse if the battery is dead and you are out of factory and extended warranty? I just quoted what the service guy told me after he charged me $55 for the new one installed.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts
Super 8,

No recourse; but, hey, $55 installed is a bargain price!

·
Registered
2010 CTS Wagon
214 Posts
It could also be the cold weather instead of a failed sensor... It is bloody cold now and I got a warning that my tire pressure was low. Ignored it and it cleared after I drove it - the car had been sitting for the weekend.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts