Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im possibly toying with the idea of some new 18 inch wheels and tires this springtime. The cost of rims is fine, but the cost of tires are killing me! Is brand name really important when shopping for tires?? I dont need top of the line, but I still want something nice with good quaility. What brands our there would you guys recommend? Thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
brand does matter; i would like to recommend the following brands

avon, nitto, some goodyear, some yokahoma, toyo, micheliin, some bridgestone and bfgoodrich

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i just found those reviews on tirerack...thanks guys

·
Registered
CTS
182 Posts
I've had Goodyear GS-D3s on a couple of cars (including the CTS) and I've been happy with them. Of course these are 'summer only' tires... no snow allowed.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
any particular models that people recomend as good all seasons? (cant afford both summer and winter tires/wheels)

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Tires are the connection between your car and the road... Don't take the cheap route...

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
onephatguy said:
Best bang for the buck - Kumho Ecsta ASX in 18's. :highfive:
i got 16" wheels

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm running:
20" Hancook Ventus Sport rubber on my summer rims for CTS
17" Continental ZR rated summers on the C-class for summer time
16" Continental Winter Force for winters on CTS
17" Michelin Alpine sports for winters on C-class

My conclusion is that I like all the tires. The Hancooks are a bit quiter than the Continental summers, but all in all, I havent had a problem with any.....other than the shit factory tires that fell apart last week with a mere 4,000kms on them!!!:(

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, 2008 Cadillac CTS
733 Posts
DDS rollin a CTS said:
i got 16" wheels
I can't tell you how 16's will handle, but I'm sure you will get even better performance from them. That is if, they make the Kumho Ecsta ASX in 16's. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts