Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Ext has P265/70R17 tires that I am going to have to replace soon. My question is: I know the "P" stands for "passenger tire". I have also seen tires that begin with "LT" that stands for light truck. Since the Ext doesn't fall into either realistically, I guess the "P" is what I should get since the owners manual states such. BUT- my question is what type or style (tread) should I buy? There are so many choices on treads, etc it gets confusing. I want to maintain a comfortable ride, yet have enough good traction in winter (we get some brutal winters in NW Pennsylvania). Anyway, advice would be appreciated. The price scale is very wide on styles. I just want to get 4 really good tires that can be all things in all weather. I do not go off-road or anything like that (never felt the Caddy was really meant for that.) The forum is always so right on with advice. Thanks everyone- I welcome your opinions and advice.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD
58 Posts
I currently have these on my truck and they have been spot on in the snow.

http://m.tirerack.com/tires/TireDetailsServlet?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Winterforce+UV&partnum=67SR7FWFUVV2

I live in central jersey. They have a little road noise but with the windows closed I don't hear anything. With all windows open still isn't much. The tread is very nice and the ride is fine. It really shouldn't make that much difference in ride if you're sticking with a 70 profile. It when you start getting into the lower profile tires is when you feel a ride difference.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
You can go with either passenger type tired or light truck type tires
You really can't tell the difference aside from a little firmer ride on the light truck tires

I notice a bit more body roll with the passenger tires then I do with the truck tires

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a set of Hankook ventus tires and they were by far the best tires for the conditions and the smoothest and most quiet ride i ever experienced. Good luck!

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
I lately got to put my Goodyear wranglers at/s to the extreme test thanks to this weather here in Tennessee
I was on solid ice Sunday and they done great
If anyone wants to see pics of my road of what it looked Saturday I will gladly upload them

I did slide in the ditch one time but was able to get back out
Kept the truck in 1 the whole time

·
Registered
137 Posts
My plans are to go with Kenda Kleaver AT'S when the tires that came on mine when I bought it wear out. I have ran the MT version of them before and loved them and my ex wife has been running the AT'S on her Durango and they have been working really well

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
Silver04 said:
Michelin LTX m/s2...magical ride!
I going with these for my next swap out. Also going to buy them for my 2010 Explorer. Reviews have all been super positive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts