Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am interested in buying a new 2015 or 2016 (When available) Escalade. This would be my 1st Cadillac and I am very excited about it, as an Escalade was always
my dream car! I am trying to research and read as much as I can so that I am an informed buyer.

This will also be my first time going in to buy a car on my own. My dad passed away since the purchase of my last vehicle and he was my go-to guy for stuff like
this. I am a single mom and I just don't want to be taken advantage of by the salesman.

I would appreciate any suggestions you could provide me on the actual sales process.

-Should I expect to negotiate on the price or is it standard to pay sticker price????
-If I do negotiate, what is a fair amount to pay below sticker price?
-Any other tips?

I am not looking for a huge deal....just want a fair sale.

I appreciate any suggestions you could provide. Thank you!!!!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss.

You're in the wrong sub-forum. This is for the previous generation Escalade (2007-2014). Click here to go to the 2015+ forum. With that said, it's always smart to avoid the first model year. The 2015 is having issues such as vibrations at a certain speed. If you are needing a truck now, get the 2015i, which is the updated version. You can easily tell if it's the updated truck by looking at the exterior emblems.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Hello,
I am interested in buying a new 2015 or 2016 (When available) Escalade. This would be my 1st Cadillac and I am very excited about it, as an Escalade was always
my dream car! I am trying to research and read as much as I can so that I am an informed buyer.

This will also be my first time going in to buy a car on my own. My dad passed away since the purchase of my last vehicle and he was my go-to guy for stuff like
this. I am a single mom and I just don't want to be taken advantage of by the salesman.

I would appreciate any suggestions you could provide me on the actual sales process.

-Should I expect to negotiate on the price or is it standard to pay sticker price????
-If I do negotiate, what is a fair amount to pay below sticker price?
-Any other tips?

I am not looking for a huge deal....just want a fair sale.

I appreciate any suggestions you could provide. Thank you!!!!
Be very wary of the 2015's, read up in the correct section of the forum there are many known issues with these trucks. With them being a first year of a newly designed model, some are great and others are plagued with issues; wait for the 2016 or try to find a leftover 2014 where the kinks have been worked out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts