Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've decided it is absolutely necessary to tint the windows of my CTS. I was thinking the back passenger and the rear windsheild I would do both dark limo tint. And the front would be a lighter more medium tint. On a white CTS.
Questions...

What would/did you pay for a tint job all around on a CTS?

Should I just go limo all around or is my initial idea good?


Thx,
eG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,306 Posts
$150 in LA...but you gonna have some issues with that matrix thing on the rear window...it doesn't hold tint that well and it may look a little off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The matrix issue - as in the rear window has a built in crazy pattern on the back? How did others face this issue?
 

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
Joined
·
2,043 Posts
I think it would be more classy to do all the windows the same shade, if you dont want to go all limo around, I suggest 20% all around. I have 20 on my car, and people always ask if its limo, its dark, but not TOO dark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
I did Limo tint all around. Actually I went beyond limo tint the car had 35% all around and I put Limo 5% tint on top of the 35%. About the read just tint it like you would any other windows it doesnt look bad at all dont try to do anything crazy with the matrix just tint it normally trust me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
RobertCTS said:
My suggestion is be consistant with the tint. Mixing will offset the balance IMO.:yup:
I have the same exact opinion I am against mixing tint level in the CTS.
 

·
Registered
'04 Escalade EXT
Joined
·
352 Posts
I feel the same way about mixing. just doesn't look right. I payed 180, and got 35% all the way around. It looks really good because the cts's already have 70% on all the widows factory.
 

·
Registered
03 CTS
Joined
·
1,353 Posts
d-dash said:
I feel the same way about mixing. just doesn't look right. I payed 180, and got 35% all the way around. It looks really good because the cts's already have 70% on all the widows factory.
Same here man, did 35% all the way around. I like it but it could stand to be a bit darker imo.. Im not a fan of mixing though and I'm not trying to pay to have it re-tinted at 20% so I'm stuck. I may end up mixing but I would just tint the rear window and the little qtr windows on the rear doors at 20% just to add a little extra darkness. cost me $200, but it's seamless tint...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
i had 20% all around on my last car and i plan on getting 15% all around on my cts. the tickets get thrown out if you get a note from a shop saying they removed the tint. its a joke, all you have to do is make sure the shop writes down your vin number. im pretty sure there isnt a record of the ticket after that so if you get another one its no big deal. then all you have to do is get another note. the tickets are 65$ over here and i got tired of paying them..
 

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
Joined
·
28,963 Posts
Around here the trooper hands you a razor blade and the tint comes off immediately or you go to the bucket. The second time you get caught you don't get the first option. The assumption is that you are trying to hide activity with drugs or weapons. The same guy that brags that his ride looks sinister as hell is the first to complain he is getting picked on.
 

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
Joined
·
998 Posts
egthareal said:
Well, I've decided it is absolutely necessary to tint the windows of my CTS. I was thinking the back passenger and the rear windsheild I would do both dark limo tint. And the front would be a lighter more medium tint. On a white CTS.
Questions...

What would/did you pay for a tint job all around on a CTS?

Should I just go limo all around or is my initial idea good?


Thx,
eG
$165 with a lifetime warranty

I did 50% up front and 5% out back. It really made the car look more sporty and less grandpa-ish (its a good thing, and I dont mean to offend any GP's out there).
 

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.2
Joined
·
74 Posts
I just got mine done last week at 60 min auto tint in S Florida. Paid 240 for lifetiome 3M film. 3M was a $56 upgrade that is well worth it. Did medium on front and dark on back per salesman sugestion and looks great!!! I have Limo on both my other rides but it is just not pratical for the wife on this car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,306 Posts
egthareal said:
The matrix issue - as in the rear window has a built in crazy pattern on the back? How did others face this issue?
Yeah, that....my tint guy did the best he could since I wanted the entire glass tinted all the way up...I can live with it..it is not that obvious, but to me it is cause you can see little air pockets where the tint didn't still well...he suggested the following two options which I declined:
1) Black or Body-colored Vinyl strip on the outside of the rear window across the matrix
2) Bring the tint up to the edge of the matrix
 

·
Registered
'04 Escalade EXT
Joined
·
352 Posts
pjohnesq said:
Yeah, that....my tint guy did the best he could since I wanted the entire glass tinted all the way up...I can live with it..it is not that obvious, but to me it is cause you can see little air pockets where the tint didn't still well...he suggested the following two options which I declined:
1) Black or Body-colored Vinyl strip on the outside of the rear window across the matrix
2) Bring the tint up to the edge of the matrix
ya, i dont think that i could handle either of those issues either. i just had him tint it all the way up. ive had it for about two weeks and due to a couple of warm days, almost all of the air in the matrix section is gone and it sealed up pretty good around it. i do love the lifetime warranty though. if you have this option get it. this is how i found out that the window lock button doesn't lock out the front passenger window. so if you get the fronts done and havve a friend in the front for the first couple of days make sure you tell them not to roll down the window.
 

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
Joined
·
22,415 Posts
Here's my take on tinting. I think it can look great. I'm sure I wouldn't like it though. We have a Hemi-Magnum and most of the windows have a deep factory tint. During the twilite hours I have a great deal of difficulty seeing well through them. My concern is mostly safety related. I don't feel a need for the limo-tint. Maybe if they offered a lighter tint?
 

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
Joined
·
2,043 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Here's my take on tinting. I think it can look great. I'm sure I wouldn't like it though. We have a Hemi-Magnum and most of the windows have a deep factory tint. During the twilite hours I have a great deal of difficulty seeing well through them. My concern is mostly safety related. I don't feel a need for the limo-tint. Maybe if they offered a lighter tint?
limo isnt the greatest for safety, but i have 20% and I see perfectly fine at night, ive never had a problem. 20% looks pretty dark too.
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top