Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Only way to go, looks great!

·
Registered
2012 CTS coupe - 2014 XTS4 V Platinum
39 Posts
I debated between 20 and 35. I ended up with 35 as I don't need any added attention from the long arm of the law. They both look great and in the winter up here in NY.. 20 is a bit too dark.

image-2432100108.jpg

·
Registered
2011 V Wagon, 2012 V Coupe, 2013 XTS AWD
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I always went with 35 on all my other rides. Then I did the wagon in 20 and it was fine. Even night driving. I got a little excited and did the V coupe in 5% and ahhhhh I think I will eventually switch the 2 fronts to 20%. I don't drive the coupe much but forget night driving. backing in my driveway, Gotta roll windows down. I could only imagine if I ever had to drive in the rain. Deadly....

·
Registered
2011 V Wagon, 2012 V Coupe, 2013 XTS AWD
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car is looking good.....I think the 20% is just right. Not to dark and not to light. And you can actually still see out of the vehicle. Especially in the city with people on corners. Run people over and it's not like they care if it says don't walk/cross.

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
538 Posts
If you do 20% all around then 35% down entire windshield ppl woulnt be able to see inside it will look darker than 20

·
Registered
2019 XT5
116 Posts
Getting mine done tomorrow. 5% on back half and 22% on front with 5% visor. I'll post pictures when it's done

·
Registered
XTS VSport-550+ lb-ft of torque, ATS 2.0T AWD HPTuners tuned
2,695 Posts
I debated between 20 and 35. I ended up with 35 as I don't need any added attention from the long arm of the law. They both look great and in the winter up here in NY.. 20 is a bit too dark.

View attachment 301802
I did 5% Gila vinyl on the sides. The rear has a sunshade and a bit difficult to see out of and the sunshade can be dropped when approaching the po-po as the maximum in Ohio is 50% on the front sides.

With 5% nothing can be seen inside, but allows marginal visibility at night for seeing other car's headlights. The vinyl goes on easier than film and can be pulled down to remove hairs.

·
Registered
14 ats
94 Posts
Limo all around, I agree that it is harder to make turns at night, but that was with my old cards, used 3M CS, and the problem is still there however nowhere near as bad, i'd always have to sit up and look through the front to make a turn. I wanted BLACK CHROME 3M but apparently its illegal in most states. If you tint use authentic 3M beware of fake 3M. real 3M will have their logo on the tint which the tinter will remove after applying it to your car. I did do the front, however now thats impossible to drive on city streets, I don't feel safe unless i'm in the suburbs, so I used a AIR tint which is slight blue.. Sorry I don't have a picture.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts