Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS Raven Black 3.6 Luxury/Sport Loaded
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally went and had my windows tinted:dance:. Hope the pics help if anyone is wondering how it looks at 35%
S5000705.jpg

S5000724.jpg

S5000727.jpg .

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
looks real good! cant believe thats 35! saw my friends car last night... oddly, your 35% looks darker than his 20%!

how much did it run u.

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
When you got your car did it come with that rear louvered bezel? I ask because you have on 2005 & i've only known '03 guys who had the clear-ish one that used that bezel as a replacment. I looked into getting that until the dealer replaced mine for free. Still like the look of yours though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tint job was done for $196.00 and as for the bezel those are just some of gothicaleigh's decals that she sells.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
35% was just fine for me. I don't want to be worrying about being stopped by some cop that is have a bad day.

·
Registered
Cadillac cts 07
125 Posts
The tint job was done for $196.00 and as for the bezel those are just some of gothicaleigh's decals that she sells.
Deam $196.00 it cost me $80.00 20% all around i guess i got lucky i went to a cheap place though lol.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
80 bucks!? the place i went to quoted me 250 .. and that was the best price i found...
i didnt go thru with it...
ironically, i'm talkin w/ my buddy right now about tints, .. he got his done for 125... and i'm planning on going with him 2 the shop that he got his done at.

·
Registered
Cadillac cts 07
125 Posts
yeap $80 bucks at the flea market in fort lauderdale (swap shop) and i was complaining it was to much lol....... deam im cheap lol

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
80 bucks!? the place i went to quoted me 250 .. and that was the best price i found...
i didnt go thru with it...
ironically, i'm talkin w/ my buddy right now about tints, .. he got his done for 125... and i'm planning on going with him 2 the shop that he got his done at.
i can get it done for half that:D

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
ya? but i think the cost of shipping my car to Sandy ego & back or flying your tint guy to NJ would make up for or exceed the difference in cost of just doing it here lol...

the damn material doesnt cost them more than like 20 bucks i bet... they just charge crazy $ cus they gotta cut & smooth out & if they know what they are doing, remove the door panels ...
$250 - $20 = $230 ....an hours worth of work = $230!?! i dont think so...

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
ya? but i think the cost of shipping my car to Sandy ego & back or flying your tint guy to NJ would make up for or exceed the difference in cost of just doing it here lol...

the damn material doesnt cost them more than like 20 bucks i bet... they just charge crazy $ cus they gotta cut & smooth out & if they know what they are doing, remove the door panels ...
$250 - $20 = $230 ....an hours worth of work = $230!?! i dont think so...
send the car a little more south:D

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
You can buy pre-cut tints on eBay. for $15 w/S&H. Anybody think of doing it themselves?
i thought of it. (not that $15 shipped guy... i read his feedback & his stuff was awful according to people)...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-CTS-2005-2007-PreCut-Window-Tint-Kit_W0QQitemZ140141963162QQihZ004QQcategoryZ63689QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
he gives u the whole kit... someone i know has done their own tint, and it looks good... but then again, if i can get it professionally done for a good price, i'd rather do that than go the cheap route & risk f'ing up my cts

·
Registered
Cadillac
156 Posts
i got mine done 20% all arounf for 175.00 cad BUT the guy who did it, broke my back to panels and tried hiding them in the rubber siding so i wouldnt know.
And he claimed they were already broken when i gave him shit.
I was pissed.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
Applying tint film is so simple that one guy on a web site shows his kids doing it for him. The film is cheap and all you need for tools is a spray bottle filled with water and a few drops of dish soap and a small sqeegee. Cut the film to fit with a single edge razor blade or an Xacto knife. If you screw it up it only takes a few minutes to get it off and start over. I did a wall full of windows in a schoolroom for my wife, a teacher, and it only took a couple of hours. The helplessness of the current generation is appalling. If you can hear thunder and see lightning this is a job you can do. I'm a feeble, senile old man and I figured it out. If you fail you have to admit that you're not the man I am but you'll get over it. The guys that sell this service try to make you believe they are gifted by God to part you from your money. After you try it you'll wonder how you could ever have been sap enough to pay somebody for all the fun you missed.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
ehh damn u koz now u got me thinking about DIY :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts