Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok as most know I have a stealth gray V. I was wondering if anyone out there with a stealth gray have tried tinting their tails and if you have pics.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
I have the Thunder Gray color and would also like to see the tinting on a gray V. I hope someone that has them posts.

I do have the tinted front side markers and they do blend well.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)
820 Posts
Hey Gene I think I am going to tint the taillights too. I have been meaning to do it for sometime. I just like the way Justins "Nikon" V looks with them...

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
Hey Gene I think I am going to tint the taillights too. I have been meaning to do it for sometime. I just like the way Justins "Nikon" V looks with them...
I think we should plan a Saturday morning at Justin's house to get this done-I would bring the coffee, donuts and Bloody Marys.

·
Registered
05' Stealth Gray V, UUC STS, 11 V Coupe, W. Diamond, B&B Ex
413 Posts
How is this done??? What about tinting the headlights??

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
shoot, i'd drive 2 hours to tint my taillights... i don't want to tackle it on my own though... was hoping someone out there would be able to do it with me.

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
^^ If you live in florida I'll help ya.....pretty easy to do if you know how to handle a can of spray paint and some sand paper.....and if you get brave enough to tackle it yourself just google 'niteshades' you'll find the product and shit load of guides other people have made up.....good luck.

·
Registered
05' Stealth Gray V, UUC STS, 11 V Coupe, W. Diamond, B&B Ex
413 Posts
if ya google niteshades.....a bunch of crap about some food comes up....

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
link to buy (first one that I happened to click on)

http://www.mrcycles.com/eshopprod_cat_3196-19196-28447_product_406173.VHT_NITE_SHADES.htm

And heres a pretty in-depth guide with pictures.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=36755

And this quote was stolen from Z28.com

After all my searching I came up with limited information leaving me to fend for myself, lol so I decided to make history and do a quick write up on the application, installation, preparation, emancipation proclimation of VHT Nite Shades. And for those who search for Night Shades boom this is now included in that search. N' Joy.

Difficulty: Easy
Time: 1-2 hours application. (A lot of downtime waiting for it to dry.) + 6 Hours for final dry.

Tools needed:
(2) Cans VHT Nite-Shade (summit racing)
(1) 3m Scuff Pad (advance auto)
(1) Can clear coat spray (non specific)
(1) Windex / Similar Product
(1) Microfiber (recommended but not mandatory)

Steps:
1) Remove parts to be blacked out.

2) Clean all parts with windex and microfiber.

3) Scuff with 3M Scuff pad to prep surface.

4) Wipe excess dust with microfiber.

5) Place 2-piece items side by side, (ie taillights, passenger side corners... etc.)

6) Spray even short bursts across both items as if they were one item to ensure even coating.

7) Wait until the Nite Shades becomes tacky and repeat until desired darkness is reached ( I used about 6, but coat thickness varies, so dont use that as a gauge.)

8) Upon completion of Nite Shades wait about 30 minutes for it to semi-dry, then begin to apply clear coat spray. *Note: When I applied the first coat, I lost most gloss of the nite shades, dont be discouraged, wait til tacky and apply again, repeat until shine is restored.*

9) Wait roughly 6 hours before putting parts back in their original place on vehicle.

10) Drool at your finished job and await mass compliments.

FINISHED PRODUCT:http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c334/skatinjay27/blackout.jpg he didnt wet sand it though maybe try some kind of polish
And theres plenty more out there....especially on the Vdub forums.

·
Registered
05 Black CTS-V
233 Posts
FYI: I have used niteshades on three different cars and had varied results. Two cars came out great with no need for clearcoat, and one came out a matte black finish. Maybe I got a bad batch, but I would deffinitely have a backup set of lights just in case you messed them up.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I have the Thunder Gray color and would also like to see the tinting on a gray V. I hope someone that has them posts.

I do have the tinted front side markers and they do blend well.
tinted tail light will look really good on thunder gray or they also call it stealth grey. don't have pics, but I know they look good, because did them many times.
I also have some amazing custom mix paint (shady black) that can be applyed to clear lenses. it makes lense stil look clear, but backround look darker

·
Registered
CTS-V
632 Posts
i used that stuff on my old 300C and i meesed them up. i had to buy a new set and send them to jonstintedtails.com well, i didnt mess them up but it wasnt shiny. i sprayed clear but i did not like the outcome. they looked dull. i would do it the right way the first time. get'em done Professionally dude! they will look like black glass :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts