Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing is I apologize if this post doesn't belong in this forum, just joined and haven't really navigated around yet. I just bought the car last month and I tinted all the lights on the tail end of the car, and the front side-markers. I have to swap them out because I'm switchin jobs to a different PD and they won't hire me until the car is able to pass inspection (front window tint and tinted lights have to go). I'm located in central jersey on the border of PA. I can email pics if needed, don't have any good ones uploaded to my album. Let me know if anyone is interested in the swap. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
CTS
95 Posts
I would be willing to swap the tails with you (including the 3rd break light. Did you spray them or tint them?

·
Registered
CTS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were all removed and sprayed, I heard the regular tint is no good so I just sprayed them (brake light, 3rd brake light, reverse lights, front side markers)

·
Registered
CTS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the clear but only did one coat. I'd still do a few more, didn't want them too glossy because the wheels I ordered are flat black, they're dark enough though but not too dark. If you look in my album there is a night shot with my lights on in the rear with the tint on.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
I bought the clear but only did one coat. I'd still do a few more, didn't want them too glossy because the wheels I ordered are flat black, they're dark enough though but not too dark. If you look in my album there is a night shot with my lights on in the rear with the tint on.
why don't you sand and polish them out? one coat shouldn't be hard to remove on the brake lights. a little bit of nail polish remover might even work if you never clear coated anything.

·
Registered
CTS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh no there is more than one coat of tint, the clearcoat is what there is only one coat of. Its the Dupli-Color clearcoat and it didn't come out glossy so now I'm going to try the 3M clearcoat I heard its allobetter

·
Registered
Cadillac
158 Posts
Oh no there is more than one coat of tint, the clearcoat is what there is only one coat of. Its the Dupli-Color clearcoat and it didn't come out glossy so now I'm going to try the 3M clearcoat I heard its allobetter
If your trying to make it glossy just spraying clear coat on them wont work. They need to be wet sanded and polished first before you clear. Thats how we have always done it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts