Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!! I got my tint done... got legal... i was too chicken to get it darker. I think it looks good. He did a great job on it, I wish it was a little darker but I dont want to get pulled over either. I was gonna hook up a sub in the trunk but Im a little nervous about letting a stranger do open heart surgery on my brand new baby. LOL :) Im gonna wait another month or so before I start letting people tear into it. I was thinking though, you know how it has that 10" sub built into the back? What if I just put a better sub and amp back there? Any of you ever tried that?
*Sarah*

Attachments

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I hear you on going legal...The light tint looks good also...I have gone the other route and decided to go with all windows....illegal all the way...In two years I have been pulled over twice (for other reasons) and was then slapped with fix it tickets for my tint...So I went to my tint guy, had him remove the tint, went to CHiP, fix the ticket, then went to my tint guy to re-install...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I recently got a fix it ticket on my car. But I know an officer and he had signed off on the ticket. Therefore I still have my tints and just paid 10$

·
Registered
03 CTS
1,353 Posts
I have Legal on mine also, wish it was darker at times but it doesnt look half bad. 35% looks much better when u have a dark colored interior, with the Tan interior it makes the tint seem lighter.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
what do you guys consider legal? isn't it by state? can you guys talk in percentages? i'm thinking about getting my windows done within a month and i'll probably go 20% all around...i have a white diamond

·
Registered
03 CTS
1,353 Posts
Well I believe 35% is the legal limit in most states so anything below that is illegal, i.e. 20%, 15%, and Limo (which I believe is 5%).

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
In Virginia, it's 50% on the front side windows, 35% on the rears. Nothing allowed on the windshield. Personally, I think it would look best with all windows matching. I'm not a big fan of Limo tint. My Jeep has 35% (from the factory) on the back side windows, but it looks odd with nothing on the fronts. If I ever did get my CTS done, I'd stick with 50% all around. My issue is having the back window done without showing any bubbles with all the defroster and FM antenna traces.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Sarah,
The tint looks nice!! Your next mod should be replacing the rear bezel. You should be able to get it for free.

·
Registered
CTS-V
159 Posts
I had mine done to legal limit all the way around (35% in NC). I would have liked to have gone with the 20%, but beisdes the tickets I would have gotten, you have to get it inspected every year and they get you on the tint at that time also. No one seems to have answered your actual question about the Sub. I think if you do a search on the forum you will find a couple of threads about adding or improving your sub since some of the members have made that change.

If you want your car to stand out from the crowd you might consider adding this rear bezel instead of the normal one. I happen to like this look better. I got mine delivered and painted for $85. It takes 5 minutes to install.

Whichever way you go..... good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
03 CTS
1,353 Posts
odysseus said:
In Virginia, it's 50% on the front side windows, 35% on the rears. Nothing allowed on the windshield.
Wow only 50% in the front that's crazy. That's pretty light tint, hope its cheap to put that on at least. Way to light for my taste. Here in Ma the legal limit is 35% but SUV's and trucks are given lots of slack, most of the time u can make them as dark as u like.

odysseus said:
My issue is having the back window done without showing any bubbles with all the defroster and FM antenna traces.
My back window came out great, no bubbles and its half way up the matrix. My tint guy also cut around the onstar antenna. I'll try and take some photos of it for u guys.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Had mine done 35% all around (the state HP have been cracking down on tints and commute is 75% interstate, with an HP barracks on the route).

Haven't had any problems with bubbles on the rear window. Its been installed for about a month now. With the black interior and silver exterior the 35% looks pretty good, IMHO.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
TripleOught said:
what do you guys consider legal? isn't it by state? can you guys talk in percentages? i'm thinking about getting my windows done within a month and i'll probably go 20% all around...i have a white diamond
Michigan law is rear passenger windows and back window can be any darkness. But front window can only have tint on the top 4 inches of the window.

I wouldnt worry about it though, it seems police in general have chilled on the tinted window thing recently. Ive gotten pulled over once in the past 1.5 years. When tint is on a nice car too that isnt all ''pimped out'' , i feel police wont bother you as much either. I have gotten pulled over for speeding tickets several times, and never did they mention my tint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts