Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently debating on wheter or not to Tint my White Diamond CTS, I know Black CTS's look HOT with Dark Tint but Many people told me Dark tint on the White Cts would like Tacky and Cheap, so SHould I get a light tint(35%), a darker tint(anything lower), or just leave it with no tint at all?I would appreciate some opinions on this because I ma undecided.

·
Registered
03 CTS
1,353 Posts
IMO dont go below 20%, Limo tint is cool but can be more of a pain in the @ss then anything. Hard to see out of at night, more so if you live in or drive through poorly lit area's and more of a reason for the cops to pull you over. 20% is dark enough and u still can keep that nice classy look.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
I like a lighter tint myself. I will not be tinting my CTS as I feel unsafe in the tinted ride at night. My wife has the OEM tint on her Magnum and visibility out of the rear window sucks big time.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
mikey, if you wait like a few weeks i'll post a pic of my white diamond with 20% tint. i should be getting it just after the holidays...limo is too dark, but i think 20% is perfect...especially when faced with night driving, etc.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
After putting tint on the south facing windows of my wife's classroom I am puzzled why anyone would want to hire the job done. The tint itself is cheap and the instructions I found on the web showed a six year old girl applying the stuff as a demonstration of how easy it was. All you need is an Xacto knife, a small sqeegee, and a spray bottle with a few drops of dish soap mixed with some water in it. I don't like tinted car windows but I have put it on for other people and it is even a fun job. If the job doesn't suit you you just peel the stuff loose, squirt on some more water and try again. Measure twice and cut once.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts