Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my windows tinted... everything is fine, but on the rear window, its bubbling just on the top where the defroster is... has this happened to anyone eles? should i take it back or is this expected? I dont have a warrently, thanks please advise

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Re: tint job and defroster

take it back if there are any flaws, bubbles should go away by the time tint dries within a couple days.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BLK2003CTS said:
Ask the shop for vinyl to go over the dot matrix...so it would look cleaner...i have vinyl over my dot matrix on my cts.
so they would removed the tint and add vinyl?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BLK2003CTS said:
when i got my cts tinted. they stopped right before the dot matrix starts and put the vinyl strip to cover the dot matrix.
thanks ill go back, the vinyl, looks just like the tint?

·
Registered
03 CTS
1,353 Posts
Easiest solution is just to not tint over it, have them stop about 1/2 inch up or maybe a little less on the matrix. Also to help even out the bubbles, just park the car in the sun while your at work and try running the rear defroster to smooth the rear tint out.

·
Registered
'04 Escalade EXT
352 Posts
the guy that did mine got it to adhere perfectly well. after about a week there are no bubbles in the matrix. apparently they just have to use a little heat(but just a very little bit, too much could be devastating).

·
Registered
2006 Stealth Gray CTS 3.6VVT 6MT
205 Posts
If you park your car in a garage most of the time, have the tint the outside of the window instead of the inside. More of a chance it will be damaged, but looks much better on the back window. Some shops won’t do it thought because it’s most likely not going to be covered under the warranty

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Oversized CTS said:
If you park your car in a garage most of the time, have the tint the outside of the window instead of the inside. More of a chance it will be damaged, but looks much better on the back window. Some shops won’t do it thought because it’s most likely not going to be covered under the warranty
that dosnt make sense to tint the outside, even if garaged, first rain storm, or car wash and that thing will be damaged for sure. Plus the whole point of tint is being able to look outside and no one outside lookign in, thats why tint is on the inside of a window.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, 2008 Cadillac CTS
733 Posts
Caddy Man said:
that dosnt make sense to tint the outside, even if garaged, first rain storm, or car wash and that thing will be damaged for sure. Plus the whole point of tint is being able to look outside and no one outside lookign in, thats why tint is on the inside of a window.
I agree that you probably don't want to put the tint on the outside. But the highlighted portion of this statement doesn't make sense either. The tint being inside or out, has no effect on this.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
34 Posts
Yeah, the vinyl strip across the back is normally what they do over the dot matrix. Looks good. It is not the same color as the tint, its much darker and cannot be seen through. Its pretty much standard though, look around at some tinted c ars and you will see exactly what we are talking about.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts