Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'04 CTS
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm looking for someone to do the timing chain job as outlined in the 05 CTS 3.6L Timing Chain Job, Tons-o-pics (I mean tons) thread posted by Doug in NC. I do not rely upon the car on a day-to-day basis (so no rush!), and can trailer the car to you. I would prefer to find someone between Delaware, Albany, NY and Southern Maine, but will be able to get to other areas on or near the East Coast after April 1st. I live near Trenton, NJ but work outside Boston, MA.

I have an '04 3.6 auto with 70k miles. I once drove it 1,000 miles to FL without oil back in 12/10 with no immediate or serious consequences (i.e. I immediately got an oil change and it's largely been fine). Last week the car blew out about 3 inches of coolant about 500 miles into a 700 mile trip but the coolant levels have been holding since I added more the next morning. The engine sounds fine to me but probably sounds like crap to a trained ear. It also makes an "eee eee eee" squeal on hard right turns. The car has sat unused for 3-4 months at various times over the last two years but gets a weekly workout now.

I need someone to check out the car, order the parts and do the work. I am negotiable on prepayment -- at least for parts. If you'd like to chat, please email me using my userid at g m a i l.

Anyone interested in doing the job?

Thanks!

Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in southern New Jersey and have all of my work on my cars done by either Arrow Automotive in Sewell, NJ ((856) 589-1964) or Spectrum Tire and Auto in Pitman, NJ ((856) 582-2100). They have worked on every vehicle I have ever owned.

·
Registered
'04 CTS
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Matt. I appreciate the suggestion. Do you think they're up to this job? Or have they already done it for you?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Both are definitely up to the job. Don't know if they have done it specifically on that vehicle but know for sure they have done it on many vehicles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts