Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 CTS 2.8L

Hey gang! I finally got my engine reassembled with a new timing set, new cam phasers and phaser solenoids. Managed to start it today and to my relief, the timing chain slapping is gone but I'm stuck in limp mode and have 5 new engine codes that once cleared, return immediately. It should be oted that I had all of the wiring connectors unplugged under the hood, including the ECM.

The engine codes that I am receiving now are as follows:

P0122 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor A Circuit Low Input

P0222 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor B Circuit Low Input

P0700 - Transmission Control System (MIL Request)

P2119 - Throttle Actuator Control Throttle Body Range/Performance

P2544 - Torque Management Request Input Signal A

Any idea why I might get these codes now? I certainly didn't get them before the timing chain was replaced...?? I figure they must all be related some how... A poor electrical connection somewhere perhaps? Does the dealer need to erase the limp code? Is it security system related maybe? I'm at a loss right now....

Any help is appreciated...

·
Registered
409 Posts
That's great news...a lot of work but satisfying when the job is done. Or, in this case, nearly done.

Is it possible that one or more connectors was not reconnected?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That's great news...a lot of work but satisfying when the job is done. Or, in this case, nearly done.

Is it possible that one or more connectors was not reconnected?
Thanks for the reply!! I figure it must be a dirty/wet electrical connection (I sprayed a little coolant around by mistake before I was finished up) or that perhaps something isn't plugged back in. Since I'm nearly 95% sure I made all of the wiring connections though, maybe its a case of a dirty plug or one that got wet with coolant before reconnecting and I didn't notice...? Granted, I was rushing the last hour as I had to get ready for work.

I'm at work now for the remainder of the the night and won't be able to double check any of the terminals until tomorrow. I'll disconnect each one and clean with contact cleaner before reconnecting and see if that solves any problems... Fingers crossed!!

When I was re-installing the intake plenum, I did get a wiring cluster caught underneath the plenum without noticing it. When I torqued the plenum down it may have stressed or strained that wiring harness slightly. I have since removed the plenum, re-routed the harness accordingly and re-installed the plenum. I'm not sure what those wires are for but they have a little metal bracket on them which is fastened to the plenum on the passenger side, towards the front (probably over top of cylinder one if memory serves). Hopefully nothing in that bundle of wires was stressed or broken. I don't think so, since I inspected it and didn't see any noticeable damage.

Tomorrow is another day I guess...

·
Registered
409 Posts
IIRC those wires connect to the throttle body and are controlled by throttle position. I would do as you mentioned...clean the contacts then apply dielectric grease and see what happens. If still error codes I would check for connectivity in the wires.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
IIRC those wires connect to the throttle body and are controlled by throttle position. I would do as you mentioned...clean the contacts then apply dielectric grease and see what happens. If still error codes I would check for connectivity in the wires.
Thank you again for the prompt reply! I'll do as suggested tomorrow before work and see where that gets me. I don't have any dielectric grease nor will I have the opportunity to get any before tomorrow. I'll start with contact cleaner and double checking connections. Thanks again! I very much appreciate the assistance!!

Cheers!

·
Registered
409 Posts
No worries...dielectric just preserves the connection, assuming it is good before applying the grease.
Best,

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but is there a proper way to check for continuity in that particular wiring connector? I understand each pin will need to be tested individually but electrical work isn't my strong point... Perhaps its more detailed than I suspect and giving direction here isn't easily done... If thats the case, I understand completely!

Do i need to work from both ends of the harness? To check for continuity I assume so? I'm not sure where the other end is... Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Do i need to work from both ends of the harness? To check for continuity I assume so? I'm not sure where the other end is... Thanks again for the help!
That is how I would do it, if possible. But this will only work if the other end is accessible. I'm not sure if I have info on the wiring connections but will see what I can find.

Edit: visit autozone.com and check the repair help section. The wiring diagram for the throttle body is under the Engine Controls and Fuel menu. If I understand your description of wires correctly, these wires connect the throttle body to the ECM.

If you find that the wires are faulty, you may be able to just replace the connector if the damage is close to the end. Or cut/solder if the wire is long enough.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First off, I want to thank you RyanY!! You were very helpful and more so, a source of confidence throughout this repair! I'm very grateful for that...

As it turns out, the engine codes that I listed above were generated due to a poor (perhaps no) connection at the mass air flow unit. The wire connector that plugs onto the mass air flow sensor has a little yellow locking clip on it which is intended to ensure that the connector doesn't come unplugged. In my haste yesterday, I didn't realize that the connector wasn't there as it had fallen off the wore connector and was sitting on top of the engine. This allowed for the connector to come unplugged or at the very least, not remain seated fully. Once I noticed the clip was missing, I was able to reinstall it and the engine fire right up, ran smoothly and had plenty of throttle response. With my OBDII code reader, I cleared the DTC's and re-scanned. No other codes came up so I took the car for a little drive. As it's not properly insured at the moment, I only went about a mile however, it had more power than ever and ran like a top.

I am very thankful for this forum, RyanY's help throughout this thread and others and extremely happy that I didn't have to pay the dealership to do this rather large repair.

Thank you all again!!

Cheers, from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts