Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Please read the Security Breach info in the banner announcement on the main threads page of any forum of interest or on the site Home page. ALL members have been required to update their e-mail and password in order to retain their old username and post count.

If you can not re-register successfully, post a thread in the Help Desk and I'll work with you to get your original username back. I'm outta here until this evening.
I was unable to retrieve my old username as explained above. I posted a thread in the Help Desk forum, but was advised to look back here? Not a big deal, I can use my new username, but would like to be able to PM thanks for any help

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,005 Posts
Look in the help desk again ... we'll work there.

(AS I posted in the Help Desk sticky: Don't post questions in stickies - post your problem in the main HD forum and we'll work from there. I checked - your original username is still here and available for reinstatement, but we need to do it correctly. You will need to post your correct e-mail and a new password - I'll update your original account, then you login with the original username and new password. But it will take coordination, not a 3-day affair. As soon as you are able to log in successfully I will delete and discard all your visible private info.)

·
Registered
Devilles: 01 base, 04 base, 92 par. CTS: 06
11 Posts
Well I have again picked up another Caddy. This time a 2009 Black Cadillac STS. Drove it around for a week, then bam. Check engine, codes P0008 (Engine Positions System Performance Bank 1) and P0017 (Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation Bank 1 Sensor 'B') after reading there is a TSB and special "silent recall" on this issue with timing chain.

There is a couple of GM TSB's with the 008 code.
1) #07-06-01-013B: LP1, LY7 MIL/DTCs P0008, P0009, P0016, P0017, P0018 or P0019 (Replace Primary Drive and Both Secondary Drive Timing Chains) - (Jun 18, 2008)
2) #PIP3423B: DTC P0016 P0017 P0018 P0019 P0008 P0009 - keywords 2.8 3.6 actuator camshaft crankshaft LLT LP1 LY7 MIL reluctor SES - (Jul 16, 2008)

and some special coverage adjustment 11340C about timing chain wear. dealership was no help.....

I currently own 5 Cadillacs, my parents own 1. I've dealt with the headgasket issues on the 4.6 devilles, now timing chain on the STS.

Really?????

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V Long Roof; '10 CTS Long Roof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4
13,989 Posts
Well I have again picked up another Caddy. This time a 2009 Black Cadillac STS. Drove it around for a week, then bam. Check engine, codes P0008 (Engine Positions System Performance Bank 1) and P0017 (Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation Bank 1 Sensor 'B') after reading there is a TSB and special "silent recall" on this issue with timing chain.

There is a couple of GM TSB's with the 008 code.
1) #07-06-01-013B: LP1, LY7 MIL/DTCs P0008, P0009, P0016, P0017, P0018 or P0019 (Replace Primary Drive and Both Secondary Drive Timing Chains) - (Jun 18, 2008)
2) #PIP3423B: DTC P0016 P0017 P0018 P0019 P0008 P0009 - keywords 2.8 3.6 actuator camshaft crankshaft LLT LP1 LY7 MIL reluctor SES - (Jul 16, 2008)

and some special coverage adjustment 11340C about timing chain wear. dealership was no help.....

I currently own 5 Cadillacs, my parents own 1. I've dealt with the headgasket issues on the 4.6 devilles, now timing chain on the STS.

Really?????
Are you saying that your car has thrown a P0008 and the dealer won't help you out? What is your mileage?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello all,
New user here, looking at a 2010 CTS AWD wagon with the 3.6. The build date is 9/09 (according to the door sticker)
I am trying to find information on past recalls/work performed on this particular car.
I have tried to register on MyCadillac.com but I can't seem to get my login to work.
Also appears I am too new to PM anyone.
What is the GM warranty on these cars?
Most concerned with the timing chain issues and transmission

here is the VIN in question: 1G6DL8EVXA0109033

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

(AS I posted in the Help Desk sticky: Don't post questions in stickies - post your problem in the main HD forum and we'll work from there. I checked - your original username is still here and available for reinstatement, but we need to do it correctly. You will need to post your correct e-mail and a new password - I'll update your original account, then you login with the original username and new password. But it will take coordination, not a 3-day affair. As soon as you are able to log in successfully I will delete and discard all your visible private info.)[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there a recall on 2006 my timing chain broke with no warning so I'm out a car I cant afford thousands

·
Registered
13,989 Posts
You need to check with the Gen I group. We are 2008 - 2014. I don't believe you will get any help from GM as you are now about a decade out of warranty, but best wishes nonetheless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello mwencel,

I sincerely apologize that you have experienced this and I definitely would like the opportunity to look into this situation on your behalf to see if there is anything that I can do to assist in the situation. Could you please private message me your case number along with your VIN so I can do some research into this? If you are unable to private message me, you can also reach out to me at [email protected] with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line as well. I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
13,989 Posts
Run with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I recently purchased a 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6 and immediately began having check engine problems and when checked received error code p0008 and p0017. I was caused by the timing chain in which ive noticed has been recalled. Im afraid the timing chain issue may have started causing other issues as well therefore the car has been remained parked. The vin number is 1G6DP5773750122751. I am a single disabled woman now with no transportation and trying to see what i need to do to get this recall taken care of. Thank you so much for your immediate attention!
Delly et al.,

I'm very sorry to hear about the potential oil life reset problems after your repairs. If any of you wish to send me a private message with your VIN, I would be happy to investigate on your behalf. (And if you do not have PM capabilities, please let me know and I can send you an email instead.)

For those of you who received the bulletin, I would definitely encourage you take your Cadillac in to your dealer for the necessary repairs.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,005 Posts
Christie, Welcome to CF !!

For all intents and purposes this thread is useless - nothing will come from GM/Cadillac in response to your inquiry. Notice that even the few responses from "Cadillac Customer Service" are years old - and their tone is to "work with a dealer" which is a total fake dance and pony show.

You need to take this directly to the either the selling or a local GM dealership and fight tooth and nail to escalate the problem to the GM regional level.

Good luck. You have a long fight on your hands.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts