Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS
1 Posts
My 2009 was never recalled for the timing chain. I now have 45k miles and a broken timing chain. GM claims they fixed the problem on my particular
car. Any suggestions on how to make them pay for this timing chain that obviously should have been included in the recall? Only 45k miles. Mechanic said $500
-$1,850 depending on how much needs to be replaced when he gets in there.

·
Registered
2006 Sts4 v6 and 2008 cts 3.6 di
2 Posts
Austin can you check my vin to see if i also need this recall for my 08 cts 1G6DP57V480120961

·
Registered
2010 CTS Sport Wagon
12 Posts
Hi Austin,
Could you run my VIN 1G6DE8EG5A0116760 its a 2010 CTS Sportwagon.
Much thanks,
AJ

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Austin,
Can you check my VIN too? I have a p0008 code it is a 2009 CTS 1G6DV577290125517

----------

Whoops! Sorry Austin, I messed up the VIN 1G6DF577290125517

12,778 Posts
Hi Austin,
Can you check my VIN too? I have a p0008 code it is a 2009 CTS 1G6DV577290125517

----------

Whoops! Sorry Austin, I messed up the VIN 1G6DF577290125517
Hello all,

I am happy to check for any open recalls pertaining to your VIN by PM. Have a great weekend and I will be looking for your message.

Best,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2013 Camaro 2SS, Sold 2009 Euro Spec STS 3.6 Sports Luxury
108 Posts
Guys, you can check warranty status yourself, just register for an account and you can enter your VIN for a full breakdown. I'm in the UK and my STS is covered under the special coverage 11340, which is very handy as I too now have P0008/P0018 Errors.
See here.......

https://my.cadillac.com/na-cadillac/myvehicle

·
Registered
09 CTS4 Premium, 12 SRX4 Luxury
579 Posts
Thanks johndm! Created my account, added my vehicle and found out I am also covered under 11340 until 3/17/19.

K

·
0 Posts
I recently got the P0008 Code, I contacted Cadillac customer service and they told me There was no re-call or TSB? Can anyone from customer service help here? I am unable to post a PM, I had to register a new account since mine would not work for some reason, I have been a member on here for a few years under username kevincts4, thanks for any help

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey I just posted in another thread then saw this, sorry for the double post. I recently got the P0008 Code, I contacted Cadillac customer service and they told me There was no re-call or TSB? Can anyone from customer service help here? I am unable to post a PM, I had to register a new account since mine would not work for some reason, I have been a member on here for a few years under username kevincts4, thanks for any help

Guys, you can check warranty status yourself, just register for an account and you can enter your VIN for a full breakdown. I'm in the UK and my STS is covered under the special coverage 11340, which is very handy as I too now have P0008/P0018 Errors.
See here.......

https://my.cadillac.com/na-cadillac/myvehicle

K

·
0 Posts
John, I did check into this on that website, but nothing came up, I was just curious I read a few places this was a "silent" re-call, just curious if anyone may have some more info, possibly a GM/Cadillac rep that occasionally post here, but thank you for the info,

·
Registered
108 Posts
John, I did check into this on that website, but nothing came up, I was just curious I read a few places this was a "silent" re-call, just curious if anyone may have some more info, possibly a GM/Cadillac rep that occasionally post here, but thank you for the info,
I don't think it was ever a recall, but GM posted a bulletin to dealers about a bad batch of chains, VIN numbers affected, and then only if cars came in throwing those codes would they repair for free as many cars were ok

K

·
0 Posts
ok, that makes sense, I appreciate the feedback John. I will bring by the dealer anyways to see what's going on, thanks again for the info.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,243 Posts
I am unable to post a PM, I had to register a new account since mine would not work for some reason, I have been a member on here for a few years under username kevincts4, thanks for any help
Please read the Security Breach info in the banner announcement on the main threads page of any forum of interest or on the site Home page. ALL members have been required to update their e-mail and password in order to retain their old username and post count.

If you can not re-register successfully, post a thread in the Help Desk and I'll work with you to get your original username back. I'm outta here until this evening.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts