Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 sts
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 sts awd. I've just had the timing chains changed at a dealership and now they're telling me I need a new engine because mines isn't holding the oil pressure. First they said this was because my engine was clogged, which they came to that conclusion because the screen in the oil pan was clogged. Now, they're saying it's because I have an oil leak inside of the engine. I wanna know if anyone has had this problem, or is the low oil pressure a result of the timing chains not being set correctly?

K

·
0 Posts
If there was no issue before, more than likely the dealership dicked something up. Based on their diagnoses, they sound like an incompetent bunch of boobies.

·
Registered
2006 sts
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are my exact feelings at the moment especially when considering the amount of money I paid for the service.

·
Registered
2006 sts
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There original diagnosis was there were several codes that came up for the timing. After changing them, now the engine's oil pressure ain't stay at the correct level. And no, it didn't have an oil pressure problem before I brought it there.

12,778 Posts
I have an '06 sts awd. I've just had the timing chains changed at a dealership and now they're telling me I need a new engine because mines isn't holding the oil pressure. First they said this was because my engine was clogged, which they came to that conclusion because the screen in the oil pan was clogged. Now, they're saying it's because I have an oil leak inside of the engine. I wanna know if anyone has had this problem, or is the low oil pressure a result of the timing chains not being set correctly?
Hi avione07,

Sorry to hear about your STS, I understand the difficulty often associated with unexpected vehicle repair costs. I see that you are currently seeking opinions from others in this thread, but I wanted to let you know that we are also available to provide you with an additional layer of support should you need it. We'd be happy to contact your dealership on your behalf to gather additional information and research this situation further. If you are interested, please feel free to send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, contact information, and dealer you are currently working with.

Regards,
Vivian K.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts