Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 2005 cadillac cts. wich timing belt stretches? I know they have three. (RIGHT,LEFT AND LOWER)
I checked on the right and left but they seem to be ok

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,803 Posts
The 05, which has either an 2.8 or 3.6 liter engine has a timing chain. Not belt.

As far as I know, you'll have to compare the new chain to the old to see a stretch. As all the old chains would probably have the same amount of stretch.

KOT

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I understand that. But wich is the one that stretches. Do all of the stretch? I just need to make sure before Investing my money on it

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
You do know that all chains come together? So you replace all of them together. Which is your best way anyways. With that said, you won't be saving any money per say as all chains will be done.

KOT

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
I stand corrected. Just saw them at AutoZone as being separate. One primary and two secondary. But at $35 for the one primary or $34 for the two secondary... just buy bot sets and the a company parts and replace everything while you are in there.

You'll save your self a lot of headache.

KOT

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but im still not sure its the time chains. because my car shut off while driving. replaced crankshaft sensor and fuel filter. still doe not turn on. I know it has fuel pressure and spark. but it still does not turn on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts